2017_Alexandra HoHoHo

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A grey and cloudy day...nothing "grey" around the Xmas-table, though.

Xmas_Alex_028.JPG

Xmas_Alex_025.JPG

"Gentlemen's" corner :whistle:

Xmas_Alex_032.JPG

"Awesome" corner! Fantastic effort by Kenny and Karen :cdle:cdle

Xmas_Alex_027.JPG

"Power"-corner tucking into the sweets

Xmas_Alex_033.JPG

Nev praying for his Parmigiana, Fuzzy being undecided ...and "Agent 86" sniffing the poppies.:bs

Xmas_Alex_022.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
All routes lead to Alex...

Xmas_Alex_01.JPG

Yo, she's a bewdy...

Xmas_Alex_02.JPG

Xmas_Alex_03.JPG

Granton Rd. would be a quickie if it wasn't for the prolific numbers of wallabies....

Xmas_Alex_04.JPG

...while South Cathedral Lane tucks behind the first line of hills behind Buxton...and despite what the sign says, it IS a thru-road!!
And a cracker at that! :drool:

Xmas_Alex_05.JPG

Xmas_Alex_06.JPG

Xmas_Alex_08.JPG

Next came this one...

Xmas_Alex_09.JPG

....bloody gorgeous!!

Xmas_Alex_010.JPG

Xmas_Alex_012.JPG

A stop at the Mahogany Farm...

Xmas_Alex_011.JPG

Xmas_Alex_014.JPG

...before some sweet single-lane asphalt into Acheron...

Xmas_Alex_015.JPG

...some snooping around in the backblocks...

Xmas_Alex_017.JPG

Xmas_Alex_016.JPG

Xmas_Alex_018.JPG

Xmas_Alex_013.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Another one that's always bugged me was Acheron Rd., a dead-end into the Goulburn River Flats just to the south of Alex. Decided to just follow the asphalted single-laner through the flats and up into the hills for some absolutely gorgeous views.
The tar stops for about 300m before another sealed climb up the next ridge and the wide, flat area up the top offers views from the Cathedrals past Eildon and some high backdrops around Mt. Buller right into the Strathbogies.

:slobb:slobb

Gotta go back under blue skies one day...

Xmas_Alex_019.JPG

Xmas_Alex_021.JPG

The route from home in the Eastern Suburbs made for a negligible 14k's of Warburton Hwy...plus 5km's of Maroondah Hwy north of Buxton for the Sth. Cathedral Lane-> Connellys Creek dogleg and a further 100m of Maroondah Hwy for the dogleg at Acheron.
Add, if you will, about 13km from Granton Rd. into Marysville and to the turn-off at Mt. Margaret Rd. near Buxton.

The rest is 90km of pure backroad bliss :glu

Give it a whirl one day....

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
In the end, it was all about this:

Who farted??

Xmas_Alex_024.JPG

Xmas_Alex_030.JPG

Doug struggling with some "avocado" dessert W-)W-)

Xmas_Alex_031.JPG

Thanks for making the time and coming along for this, folks...Kenny+Karen in particular!!
As always... thanks for the laughs :bs:chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Clouds are much better photographically. :D

Must check out that Cathedral Lane .

Clouds yes...but solid grey?

You'll love Cathedral Lane!...and the far end of Acheron Rd., bummer it doesn't link up with Christies Rd. (which is as close a couple of hundreds meters, if that)

nev

Super Térrarist
A couple of pics I took along my way to/from Alexandra, all taken between Toolangi and Whanregarwen.

Alexride1.jpg

Alexride2.jpg

Alexride3.jpg

KingStrom

Long Timer
Some great pics there of some of the giggles had by all at the lunch and it was great to see so many folk who I hadn't caught up with of late due to my lack of riding this year. Karen tells me she had a ball and reckons she will endevour to catch up again whenever she gets a chance.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
between Toolangi and Whanregarwen.
Alexride2.jpg

]

Nice! It's a good area for some peace+quiet...with choice "support" -destinations for fuel+tucker etc

Some great pics there of some of the giggles had by all at the lunch and it was great to see so many folk who I hadn't caught up with of late due to my lack of riding this year. Karen tells me she had a ball and reckons she will endevour to catch up again whenever she gets a chance.

Great to see you and Karen again...it's been too long! :chug:

Top Bottom