2015 Vic/NSW Advrider weekend - Delegate - May 16/17

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:clap:Yep, great RR :D the first stream shown seems to have a previous "bridge" washed a little down stream...those two "planks"
in its place would be interesting to ride over:eek:
Pete makes an interesting point- 40+ riders, thousands ok k,s and only a handfull of pictures posted.:(. it seems these days that most pictures taken are taken on an iPhone and are mainly of food! and then get posted to Facebook :looney:
(the snag rolls shown are excluded :wink: as they are part of the adventure:wink:, and were obviously for "research purposes" :wink::wink:) btw - they look FANTASTIC :glu
Having ridden the Bonag from Delegate to Orbost I can only think of had work and LOTS of concentration riding it in darkness
- you have a valid excuse now to return and enjoy it in daylight :glu
What a great little place Bomabla is :D you may have seen the "Bombala Welcomes Motorcyclists" placard and on the Northern entry to town just before crossing the creek. it makes for a great obligatory bike shot :):wink:
(cheesy but I like cheese:wink:)

Thanks again for posting:D

Killswitch

aka Faztudo, Dunkin etc
Hi Pete,

That's the problem with the KLRs - they don't give you a warning and shut down when they run out of fuel. It happened to me as I was cruising on the far right lane to overtake some vehicles to the left with a truck tailgating me. It was quite terrifying as I had to quickly pull into the median strip on the Monash freeway to avoid being hit by the tailgaters. Pheweeewww!:evil:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
slightly off topic but do the klr,s have a trip meter? ;)
Despite having a low fuel light on the SV, I set one of the trip meters everytime I fill up and leave it on the display. (I can set trip 1 or trip 2 or odometer as displayed) trip 1 = fuel , trip 2 is oil change :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hi Pete,

That's the problem with the KLRs - they don't give you a warning and shut down when they run out of fuel. It happened to me as I was cruising on the far right lane to overtake some vehicles to the left with a truck tailgating me. It was quite terrifying as I had to quickly pull into the median strip on the Monash freeway to avoid being hit by the tailgaters. Pheweeewww!:evil:

You're hanging around SF too much :killingme

slightly off topic but do the klr,s have a trip meter? ;)
Despite having a low fuel light on the SV, I set one of the trip meters everytime I fill up and leave it on the display. (I can set trip 1 or trip 2 or odometer as displayed) trip 1 = fuel , trip 2 is oil change :)

There's something in both of those... yes, the KLR has a single tripmeter.
No probs to reset that at fill-up and run the ~300+ km to the point of reserve.
Manual fuelcocks are getting a bit of a strange concept nowadays, where all has to flash-on-the-dash or otherwise blink and screech or beep.

There's no warning of running out other than the stutter+fart+engine-dying-in-the-bum....but being aware of running close-to-the-mark, it's a quick flick of the fuel cock at the tank for an immediate pickup (within a second or 2, just pump that twistgrip) of the 5l reserve, which is good for another 70-110km, depending on riding mode.

Goodie gets 400km+ consistently out of the tank (that's incl. reserve), the best so far has been 435k's total.
You just gotta be quick to flick that lever to reserve...and NOT FORGET TO FLICK IT BACK TO 'NORMAL" AT THE NEXT FILL UP!!!! :bs

Top Bottom