Groaaaann....NOT AGAIN!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Might even be ready for Tassie. :wink:

Have you decided on a colour yet as you seem to have lots of black? :wow:

Doubt it'll make Tassie....yeah, too much black.
Never had a yellow bike yet...(shrug)

K

kooler2

Hmm, member of an SV club and see LOTS of SV's and never seen one set.

Oh well, will take your word for it and end the subject now.

Back on topic.

The bike is coming along great Glitch. :clap:

Might even be ready for Tassie. :wink:

Have you decided on a colour yet as you seem to have lots of black? :wow:
Meant VStrom. Thought they were a SV

Canary

Long Timer
YELLOW????? "Canary"-yellow, perhaps? :wink:

That would be FANTASTIC :clap:

I could see how Glitch's looks and maybe get Barry repainted. :thumbs:

I LOVE the yellow on my SV and my goodness do they stand out. When I rode it to Apollo Bay the other weekend. A man at the service station asked me if it was "safety yellow"?

Gee, I hope so. :D

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Not too fussed, really...best something that's not too expensive and awkward to re-paint/ fix...
Then again, with WTF_1 gone, we might make it the Yamaha R1 Lava-Red again ? Too classy for that sorta bike?

Anyway, better sort out a few other bits, paint's at the very end of things...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Another spurt of action....

A lucky Ebay find...AUS version of an '09 Suzuki Gladius headlight, all ADR compliant and H4 to boot.
Just couldn't let it go at $106 landed.

650_2_071.jpg

Turned out, it even came with the plastic-surround :clap:

650_2_072.jpg

Bill Eakins in the US had a spare, new, Ricor shock.
Moving to Mexico and selling his Strom, he never got around to fitting it.
I will!

650_2_073.jpg

The stocker

650_2_074.jpg

...and the "newy"

650_2_075.jpg

Virtually no weight difference, but the Ricor is a lot beefier in the key components, like the rod being nearly twice the size ofg the Zook item.

Cutting down an old top triple clamp to make hanger brackets for the headlight/ mask etc ...

650_2_076.jpg

650_2_077.jpg

In the end, I finished up wasting a few hours and only using the actual clamp-parts of the whole unit. The way custom-building goes...

thunder.gif

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
650_2_078.jpg

One of the key jobs in this built: Re-designing the exhaust system to gain the biggest possible clearance.....and shave as much weight as possible while at it.

As of now, only the final joiner section of the mid-part remains....a re-routed front pipe and balancer pipe will have to be fabbed to fit the final joiner.
Lots of fun and games here....

650_2_079.jpg

Plans are to re-route the 2 pipes, 1 each side of the original hanger bracket.
Problem: the space needed by the rear brake pedal when actuated.

650_2_080.jpg

650_2_081.jpg

The removed/ cut and cleaned-up stock parts....the balancer-joiner is too nice a piece to not use again...
spoton.gif

650_2_082.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The anxiously awaited Laser "Shorty" arrived from Holland (typical "online-shopping" item I'd be happy to pay GST on and still save 350bux compared to the local price!!)

650_2_083.jpg

It's EU road-legal with E13 stamp and baffles (removable)
Looks bloody horn!!

Gotta make a new S/S hanger bracket to tie it into the Strom-structure, but that's a doozey.

650_2_084.jpg

650_2_085.jpg

650_2_086.jpg

I used that red bit to line up the 2 items...it's a piece of thick-wall PE-tubing.
That's the piece I'll have to make up to join the stock-system with the Lazer pipes....and that link-piece will also be used to incorporate the stock-sensor-mount.

Some base-work around the front

650_2_087.jpg

Nice!!! Note the rubber mounting on the outer brackets, then again on the hanger-pins that the headlight shell rests on!!

650_2_088.jpg

Waiting for dark tonight to "rough the top-bracket" to position the headlight properly

650_2_089.jpg

Next: finishing the top-brackets for the headlight, getting started on the instrument-cluster mounts and the "beak" poking out from underneath the headlight.

icon_beerchug_.gif

Top Bottom