Stroamin' round my back yard

Chally

Tour Pro
Sounds like a top day. Thanks for the laughs and great photos. I look forward to the rest of the tale.:D

Jeff

farawayman

Long Timer
So remember this was my first solo trip and I must say it really took me a bit to feel confident riding by myself. (Its not that I am not a confident rider, but at the start of most rides I get nervous about the what if’s anyway, guess that is my cautious side coming out.) The whole feel of the ride felt more like the day I picked up my first bike, in that I was nervous and almost a bit scared of the what if’s, of riding but yet I knew the excitement that came with bike touring and still the reality of the whole thing was right there and things like recently, a friend of on another board had an accident and was laying in a ditch for 4 hours before someone found him, and all of a sudden you think back to reading others trip reports and all these ppl take about the spots trackers etc....and I had always passed it off as a bit of girls safety issues, but now here I was, lenna only really knew I was heading for dargo, and yet had no idea what roads I was riding too get there...Reality really hit home, if I made the slightest of screw up i was on my own......

Stewy, I have been using Trackr for a while now (http://www.trackr.eu/) A great little app for your iphone. It will track you even when your out of phone coverage then upload your track when you come back into range. At least they have a start point if they need to come looking when you don't report in. You will need a phone plan with a bit data and its hungry on your phone battery too, don't forget your charger. (and Glitch, you need to learn how to use a mobile phone first) :bt

Top Bottom