Déjà vu

jefflthomas

Tour Pro
Thursday...i think i've done this before!?!?!?!?

IMG_2635.JPG

was having too much fun with the new tyres & missed it flipping over...LOL...

so i eventually stopped in Neil Young's hometown for a pic

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2638.JPG

a couple of hours later i was helping my mate replace all the hydraulic fluid in his 1100 Rex...

then i stripped the Barge down to the engine lid...

haven't had the lid off for almost 2 years so that tangle of junk under the tank was a bit intimidating at first...LOL

IMG_2639.JPG

decided to wait 'till the next day to go any further...you really grow to appreciate natural light for intricate work as you get older...LOL

Friday...sorted some issues at my mate's Mom's cottage in the morning so did't get back to work on the Barge 'till early afternoon

shimmed it within spec & by the book this time...usually i just point the cams away from the valves & don't worry if the clearance is a hair loose (better compression anyway)

& replaced those pesky gaskets for the first time along with the rest of the cam cover rubbers as they kinda work together

IMG_2641.JPG

hit the road at 7pm & filled up with Super for the ride home...

really thought i'd fooked something up as she didn't seem to be running spot on...

but it was the Super making it run a bit "flat" & me being a bit knackered as it turns out

stopped at my friends (the couple with the GSXR750's) & we decided to have a bash at this >>> ride out East

Saturday...cooking hot...relaxed...picked up some groceries...

& when there was enough shade around 4pm...cleaned the chain (& the rest of the arse end) & relubed...

then knocked the 20lbs of mosquitoes off the front end (night riding) & washed the rest of the Barge...

looks really Hideous now...LOL

Sunday...up early & got myself & the Barge ready to roll then watched that crackin' MotoGP & off for breakfast

this was nice.....

IMG_2643.JPG

the temp got up to "smokin'" hot so my jacket got bungeed for the first time this year for a ride with these guys...

IMG_2645.JPG

then rode down to the big pond before heading home

IMG_2650.JPG

this pic cracks me up...LOL

IMG_2647.JPG

btw...100400km...running like a clock & handling better than ever...YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

Top Bottom