A morning in "Little Madras", Melbourne...hehh??

ozav8r

Tour Pro
You mean these ones......?

Orange-Crocs-XL.jpg

ahh crocks - with holes as a design feature through which your dignity can leak freely:bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Plenty of kick start EFI bikes around these days, nearly every MX bike for a start not to mention Enduro bikes that will have a button and kick. They run a capacitor that will only take a kick or to to charge if it is not already.

Forgot about the MXers...just never seen it on a roadie.

Love the claim of "High Power Beer" ...the Godfather it is then, hooray! :bs

Forgot about the MXers...just never seen it on a roadie.

Stop pretending you are a young 'un. :)
You saw plenty of road bikes with electric start AND kick start back in the day. Kick starts only started disappearing about 1976.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
They look pretty good in white too and I fit :so

When I asked the heavily tattooed sales lady what it's top speed was she said it comfortably maintained highway speeds.

When I asked if it would do 140 or so for rapid overtaking, she asked me to leave.......:bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
They look pretty good in white too and I fit :so

When I asked the heavily tattooed sales lady what it's top speed was she said it comfortably maintained highway speeds.

When I asked if it would do 140 or so for rapid overtaking, she asked me to leave.......:bs

:D
Yo...quite a full-sized bike for it's donk.... but still with an 800mm seat height.:eek:
140? You'll be pushing a 400 Drizzer on that!

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
:D
Yo...quite a full-sized bike for it's donk.... but still with an 800mm seat height.:eek:
140? You'll be pushing a 400 Drizzer on that!

I can assure you a DRZ will do 160 with motard wheels on it. (GPS checked :wink: )

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Soooooo Glitch,

How did the RE ride day go yesterday?

Are you getting a black one or a white one or one of each? :credit:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
A good looking bike IMO, but I doubt we,ll see many on the trails- more likely to be found infront of cafes or "Hipster" establishments- however like vstroms there will be some who can and will take them off the beaten track :D and I can see the attraction of old school trail riding with a low seat height and just plodding along .
I am reminded that all the "round the world on a motorcycle" type books i,ve read , the journeys were done on heavy,overloaded,underpowered, undersuspended pieces of agricultural machinery ,often on tracks with no roads to speak of.... The RE is starting to look very plush :wink:
I am welcome to be corrected on this, but would it be unfair to suggest that 90% of the rides reports here could have been be done comfortably on the heavy little underpowered RE? might take a bit longer to complete though!
I,m thinking of the day out type back roads touring or Brewery weekenders :D
Despite the RE Himalayan being a step forward for RE, its a step back for many of us, living in modern times where everything is a rush, many folk are time poor and wish to cover as much ground as quickly as we can.
The RE could provide just the right balance of nostalgia to justify? or grant approval for riding at a slower pace- taking time to appreciate the immediate surroundings.
Time to stop and smell the roses so to speak whilst back road touring :wink: ,and take plenty of pictures to post on AT :)

Top Bottom