An invite from glitch...A day around Hobart

M

middy

No I didn't actually get an invite for a ride but he asked me to post a report I did on another forum here for you lot to read.

I'm from the state where every road was designed for bikes (Tasmania) and do a fair bit of touring around both on and off road.

My current ride is a DL-1000 but I ride with a pack of guy's (and a couple of girls) that ride everything from ktm's to Guzzi's.

we try to get away at least once a month for an overnighter but my work takes me all across the state and quiet often I take the bike and do up a little report.

so heres the last one that Glitch asked me to post for you.

hope you enjoy,

Middy

M

middy

well I was sitting in the office thinking I really should take some paperwork down to a client in Geeveston. As luck would have it I had ridden the bike to work today and once the paperwork had been dropped off it seemed I had nowhere I needed to be and had all the time in the world to get there
So I decided to wander back to work using some tracks that I didn't know was there with the idea of getting some nice photo's along the way.

we really do live in a wonderfull area down here

1st stop was on the banks of the huon river at Kermandie.

100_1575.jpg

100_1576.jpg

I then moved up the road a bit to a dayuse area that happened to have a small boat ramp. Perfect for some photo's

100_1577.jpg

100_1578.jpg

100_1579.jpg

100_1580.jpg

M

middy

after I left the boatramp I headed back in the direction of Huonville when a small track heading towards the water caught my eye.

A quick U-turn and down it I go.

Now in hindsight I probally should of walked it first because at the end it led into the water and that was the only place avaliable to turn the bike around and man where those rock slimy.

But the photo turned out alright though

100_1581.jpg

A bit closer to Huonville and another prime spot for some photo's

100_1583.jpg

100_1584.jpg

I then headed into Huonville and turned right as though I was headed to Cygnet, however Woodstock road caught my eye and I figured "hey it has to lead to somewhere" so of I headed.

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1588.jpg

M

middy

At this point I found Halls road and that looked fairly interesting and seemed to be headed in the right direction so what the hell right?

100_1589.jpg

Now things deteriated fairly quickly from this point on. I was dubious that this track (that was getting worse as I dived deeper) was really going anywhere, but with the faint echo of a Banjo playing through the hills I pressed on.

100_1590.jpg

100_1591.jpg

100_1592.jpg

I finally stopped to ask directions from one of the friendly locals but to no avail. Yep the Banjo's are definatly getting louder

100_1593.jpg

Finally Civilisation! Well close

100_1594.jpg

well thing are finally looking up! I found someone willing to talk to me I was definatly on the right track and she doubted they were actually shooting at me

100_1595.jpg

Success at last!

Bitumin

100_1596.jpg

seriously though, I had a ball cruising the back blocks and should really make an effort to find a different way each time I go to a client in the middle of nowhere.

Middy

Stop posting those horrible photos of wind swept, cold, rainy Tasmania all over the Internet.
They make me seasick. :D :D :D

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
:censored: I wanna go home :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ya bastid! :angry: I'm already suffering depression from the stoopid decision to move to bikiniland......

Now you post up pictures of my old back yard :upyrs:

Nice pics, and write up..........

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
middy said:
No I didn't actually get an invite for a ride but he asked me to post a report I did on another forum here for you lot to read.

I'm from the state where every road was designed for bikes (Tasmania) and do a fair bit of touring around both on and off road.

My current ride is a DL-1000 but I ride with a pack of guy's (and a couple of girls) that ride everything from ktm's to Guzzi's.

we try to get away at least once a month for an overnighter but my work takes me all across the state and quiet often I take the bike and do up a little report.

so heres the last one that Glitch asked me to post for you.

hope you enjoy,

Middy

Hi
and a big Welcome !!

Certainly enjoying the read...again...and again.
Many thanks for hooking up and re-posting here, your pics are first rate and a way to see things the way you see 'em !
You also might know Tim then (Art around here), he's got a red Capo and rides it accordingly (mad bastard :wink: :lol: ), lives around the Rokeby area.
Hope you don't mind me having changed the topic a little to reflect what's in the post.

M

middy

no worries, alter as you see fit.

no I don't think I've struck art yet, but it is possible.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
middy said:
no I don't think I've struck art yet, but it is possible.

he's like Jim (iffracem)....
You know 'em the second you first see him :moon: :moon: :rofl:

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
Oooo dunno if Art will like that sort of comparison :shock:

Although my hat is a remarkable colour match for Art's jacket......

Sprung.jpg

Top Bottom