[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:clap:
First class views and roads!
On the other hand not fair to post it, makes me think I have to go there.

...and what's wrong with that? :bt
You're right though...but the best part is that these are from the lower North Island, an area 99% of tourists totally neglect. :chug:

:glu It definitely has to warm up! I want to drive that road! Last three nights it was around 0° C here in North Germany

So...winter's back?
Agree, Gorges du Nan (before adding a few more out of the way stretches in the area to sweeten even THAT deal :)) are definitely RIGHT UP there on the "buzz"-charts.
You don't want to screw up, though :doh:

Sweet video here, pop it on full screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3G7Xe89PHc

46895260084_26a0592ef4_b.jpg

Squizzy

Long Timer
Went for a wander this morning with Lynne along the Reefton which had just been opened after a while. All seemed good for the first bit.

20190421_103909-L.jpg

Did not realise it had been hammered by the fires a few weeks ago.

20190421_105512-L.jpg

20190421_105534-L.jpg

Went on for a few klms, was fine at the top. 60k limit through the burnt areas, the road was pretty clean although it will be a bit slippery when it rains I reckon.

Went out yesterday to act as a fuel tanker for a Ducati.

32712482997_1e953b43a0_h.jpg

The original idea was Walhalla which would have been playing fast and loose with the Scramblers range but we ended up at Inverloch then Neerim and back via Powetown so topping up from a pump was not an issue.

Went for a wander this morning with Lynne along the Reefton which had just been opened after a while. All seemed good for the first bit.

They only opened the road again on Thursday night (18th) I believe. I must go up there and check the place out for pics it's not the same after a month or so when things start to grow back.

Top Bottom