I guess that's why they call it adventure!

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
Thats a good effort and top marks for not dropping it. I perhaps would have. nice photos that will form part of a good learning experience.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Good effort on a big bike with road tyres.

:clap:

..... The track is Old Wye Road if you're interested. Didn't do the Lorne and beyond. Save that for another weekend.

http://goo.gl/maps/Gzg1O

The Old Wye Road as best as I remember and find:

The section closer to the Wye caravan park does not look to accurate to me.

This one beat me back in the Xmas of '75 when I went forth on the Suzuki TS185 - fully kitted-out in T-shirt, shorts and thongs.

Went via the GOR, up the Wye Road and down the Old Wye Road, dropped the bike a few times, bike tumbled down hill a few times, engine still running, pick-up bike, keep going.

At the bottom followed Wye River, came to a locked gate, ride back way I came.

Might try this one again in a couple of weekends. This time I might walk it from the bottom end at the back of the caravan park - if I can find the start.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
And the trek minus the detour down the track. The track is Old Wye Road if you're interested. Didn't do the Lorne and beyond. Save that for another weekend.

http://goo.gl/maps/Gzg1Oz5

Just as a little reminder....make your Google maps without any start/ end points near or at your home/ family place address.

Ride Reports are visible and readable to ANYONE out there who cares to punch in or click the forum address.
Ride Reports are the ONLY section of the forum that's publically readable, everything else is members-only.

Make sure to keep out email adresses and phone numbers, personal addresses of self and family/ friends etc.

When making maps, use "generic places" like parks and shopping centers etc as start/ end points.

MGS12_8V

Getting the hang of it
Just as a little reminder....make your Google maps without any start/ end points near or at your home/ family place address.

Ride Reports are visible and readable to ANYONE out there who cares to punch in or click the forum address.
Ride Reports are the ONLY section of the forum that's publically readable, everything else is members-only.

Make sure to keep out email adresses and phone numbers, personal addresses of self and family/ friends etc.

When making maps, use "generic places" like parks and shopping centers etc as start/ end points.

Noted. That google maps ended at the Bombora's Cafe on Fisherman's Beach, or Fishos as we locals say. The other end we'll call the Forrest Brewery. Not mine but it would be nice!

That is the track you've marked out but I can't attest to the accuracy of the bottom end either. When I bailed I was still some height above sea level and probably a couple of k from the township.

TS185 with Japanese safety boots and a t-shirt eh! That takes me back to my days on the ag bike in the gypsum pit at Alford! Not quite 75 though, more 82.

Last edited:
Top Bottom