Groaaaann....NOT AGAIN!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
More front end bits...

650_2_019.jpg

New headbearings in, I use the straight sections of some old tubes to align the triples.

650_2_020.jpg

Marking out the damper rod....and drilling new bypass-holes.

650_2_021.jpg

650_2_022.jpg

What was the assembly sequence again?

650_2_023a.jpg

Stock Intiminator on the right, modded on the left.
(there are more mods than what's visible in this pic)

650_2_024.jpg

As of tonight, the front end is back together. Ashley Martin (Bob Martin's brother....soon to be living and operating from Tassie :eek:) did a great job getting the tiny 0.5-0.8mm bend out of the slider legs...:clap::clap:
Also checked the triples, which turned out to be on-the-money !

We've got a rolling "nekkid"....still gotta fix that slightly bent subframe.

Bandit 12

Getting the hang of it
Pete, I love your work! This one sounds like a bit more of a minimalist project, or perhaps functionalist?

I have been dreaming of DL650s lately....more and more it begins to make sense, and then I see another one of these threads....!!!

FondaHonda

Getting the hang of it
Now there is a photo to behold...Pete with a firm grip on his crow bar and those tracksuit pants...with seams stretched to the absolute limit!
:clap:

I am pretty sure if you look closely there is a split appearing in the crotch area from all that strain.
:bs

Not only that he even managed to straighten the sub-frame...

Canary

Long Timer
Even down to those safety sandals. :so

Luckily he didn't slip on the grass and fling that crowbar thru the window. :eek:

hayesy

Tour Pro
So long as I do not slip on the grass, I will be able to pole vault over the trailer...ahhhcrap my hammy :doh: I knew i should never have worn socks with my saftey sandals...

ZEN and the art of motorcycle repair photo #57

And the AusTouring world was happy cos all was now straight in the rear end :clap:

stewy

Still young and stupid
what is the reason for replacing the head stem bearings? Do the 650 come with sub-standard ones? never touched the sv and it's done near 70k :???: though they are probably due soonish :whistle:

Top Bottom