Here's proof I wasn't too muddled up...Peter on Ian's BM

June2_2012_17.jpg.JPG

Steve, who didn't see it coming :whistle::D

June2_2012_18.jpg.JPG

June2_2012_19.jpg.JPG

June2_2012_20.jpg.JPG

Cam cornermarking in Gembrook

June2_2012_21.jpg.JPG

End of the day, in the foot-slopes of Mt. Dandy , looking west across surburbia.

June2_2012_22.jpg.JPG

June2_2012_23.jpg.JPG

A big thanks to everyone for coming along, making it a truely enjoyable day out by helping out everywhere and staying on the ball with those 100s of turn-offs and short-stretches, it often felt like a well-oiled machine snaking its way through the underbrush.

There certainly was enough greasy and "spongy" clay around to catch out the unwary, a couple of steep downhillers on that slippery shyte had me waiting for a white flag going up.

All good and an incredibly lucky day weatherwise, too.

We'll have at least another 2 "Hood" rides coming up through the winter months....

.... one taking in the North, call it the "Greater Kinglake" area which will take in Chirnside Park/ Warrandyte/ Lilydale and the rides and backblocks of Kinglake/ Yarra Glen/ Hurstbridge/ Xmas Hills etc....as far as the Melba Hwy to the East.

....the second reaching from the Melba Hwy eastwards and south through Toolangi/ Healesville and Yarra Glen area, Warby and Powelltown and all the stuff south of the Warby Hwy....might actually have to make that 2 rides, as there's just too much stuff to see/ride for a single day.

Like yesterday's one, all of those will encompass quite a bit of dirt, all of it pretty easy, though.

Triggered by Tim's comments, when we stood at the corner of Carters Lane, we'll also organize a photo-ride through the winter months, as there are some things around that just make for great shots.....a certain light, fog, the breath in front of your mouth, a steaming creek, water dropping off leaves or droplets of morning dew hanging off a barbed wire fence....all the extra things that summer can't provide.
Little riding, most of it dirt... some walking...and lots of camera work.

See ya then!! :chug::chug:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
For those who thought I was lost here is where you followed me

How could you forget the trip down this bit of Emerald Creek Road?

Some nice little roads and tracks though. Yep, I must get myself a something more suitable to ride.

stevegt738

Tour Pro
What a ride. Plenty of where the f*** are moments, and areas that I knew.

This got the day of to a good start
P6020001.jpg

And just got better. One side of the ridge
P6020003.jpg

P6020006.jpg

Other side
P6020009.jpg

P6020008.jpg

Saw lots of McMansions
P6020007.jpg

Kiwi provided some entertainment :bees:
P6020010.jpg

Michaels enforced stop
P6020012.jpg

3supervisers to each worker, sounds about right :D.

Looking towards the smog
P6020014.jpg

While trying to block the road
P6020015.jpg

Bring on the next one :so.

This house was sold about 12 months ago. Lets just say that there was a 1 for the first number and a huge number of 0's after that.

P6020007.jpg

Sir Francis

Displaced person
So tragic that something so blaaah was built in such a magnificent location.

We rode past some speccy Grand Designs type places later in the day.

From memory there is one of those edge pools on that deck area and from inside the house all you see is the pool and the valley beyond.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Still inspired from yesterday, I decided to head back up the hill for a few photos in one gully we rode through.
]

:clap:

Funny, innit?
We just came back from The Basin, checking out a potential spot for a forum-bbq similar to last years Donnellys Weir affair. Then back via Sheffield Rd. dirt to the last stop, watching the last bit of pink disappear in the western sky.

:so

Top Bottom