[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Williamson

Part of the furniture
A little further and later, at the Western Explorer Road turnoff. Will we, or won't we? Nah, not this little duck.

IMG_4435_zpsm4roevk1.jpg

IMG_4436_zpszfzilc3h.jpg

Whilst the outfit operators discuss our next stop, I take some more pics.

IMG_4437_zpsebo0tczb.jpg

IMG_4440_zpsuzzmjtxn.jpg

IMG_4441_zpsesw9gqjl.jpg

I have an itch, it can't be scratched without another Tassie trip, I'm still hoping we'll be able to travel Nov 2021, 8 weeks away, please relax the travel restictions Dan.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A little further and later, at the Western Explorer Road turnoff. Will we, or won't we? Nah, not this little duck.

In the right conditions, YOU wouldn't have an issue with the ST on the WE....but 90k's of Tassie's WestCoast can throw up a LOT of surprises at any time. Weather-blitzes are the worst....fog and rain and cold within a couple of minutes of popping out of the sunshine.
Seen a guy on a ZX9 near the intersection in the pics, came from Strahan, packed dacks and all on his super-grippy Superbike-Pirelli-slicks...he couldn't get out of there quick enough while trying not to soil his Dainese clown-suit. :)
If it all comes together it's a walk in the park though....still no mobile-signal at all for about 60k's.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
In the right conditions, YOU wouldn't have an issue with the ST on the WE....but 90k's of Tassie's WestCoast can throw up a LOT of surprises at any time. Weather-blitzes are the worst....fog and rain and cold within a couple of minutes of popping out of the sunshine...

Well if the truth be told, it was probably more Phil pushing back on the WE, he doesn't take the Harley outfit (it is pretty) on gravel.

Next stop was the Edge of the World ...

IMG_4442_zpsm9cfrsfp.jpg

IMG_4444_zpsyt2tgt9n.jpg

Whilst we were playing tourist, taking pics, walking boardwalks, two more ST's rolled in, Denis & Diane (maroon ST1100) and Neil & Val (silver ST1300)

IMG_4447_zps29pbezjp.jpg

And just to prove Pete correct, this quartet had just come up the WE - not bad for a coupla mid 70's pair on road bikes. But very seasoned motorcycle tourers, so easy peasy for them.

IMG_4449_zpsi6poqd5r.jpg

And of course a group pic with the VIC OzSTOC flag.

And a pic I prepared earlier at Couta Rocks

1631259160216.png

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The guys with the klr and Tenere, do they still ride?

If the guy with the Ten is the one I'm thinking of (Brendan...wearing those small, round specs)...yeah, he is. Saw him last post on ADVrider a while back.
"Veom"....the lanky, young guy on the KLR has given away the bikes from what I remember....but might've got back into it, it's been a few years.
He was still at Uni then.

ant

AngryAnt
If the guy with the Ten is the one I'm thinking of (Brendan...wearing those small, round specs)...yeah, he is. Saw him last post on ADVrider a while back.
"Veom"....the lanky, young guy on the KLR has given away the bikes from what I remember....but might've got back into it, it's been a few years.
He was still at Uni then.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Brendan of the Tenere passed away a few years back.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Brendan of the Tenere passed away a few years back.

Awww, no!!
Now that you say it, I sort of vaguely remember.
He was a good sort!

Reactions: ant
Top Bottom