Waa Gorge Northern NSW

aussiestrom

Just through the door
North West NSW has fantastic country, I am baised a tad being a resident. Have been looking for loops around the Bingara, Narrabri and Moree areas. Waa Gorge is in the middle of them. I decided to collect the mail today but ended up on a 260km run (missus hates me for it) and I put my hand up :whistle: I forgot the mail again! The loop is around 3 to 4 hours ride but google maps has it it 7 and a bit hours, there's noway it will take that long. Anyways this run has plenty to offer a bit of black top, plenty of gravel roads, some farm tracks, opening of gates (always leave them as you find them), water crossings with cement slabs and OMG ones with slippery river rocks in the bottom :knaand a bit of deepish sand as well! Have included a google maps for guys if you want to venture this way - Waa gorge is at the end of Adamindy Road (marked as "d"). There is a 2 1/2 hour walk at the gorge, this area is remote so usual precautions - maps, water, food, compass also let someone know you are there as there is no phone service (damn Telco's).
If you decide to do this loop and want a base try the Imperial Hotel Bingara - great coffee and feeds + motel type accom and also cheaper ones if you desire. Or you can camp it there but I think you need to contact National Parks Narrabri.
Sorry no camera pic's this time of the roads etc as I was going to get the mail - leave me alone who takes a camera to pick the mail up anyways????? Will take it next time.
Steve

WaaGorge.JPG

:endu

Top Bottom