Harry...The Mussels From Flinders!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
No "Muscles from Brussels"
..... but "Mussels From Flinders" !! :so:clap:

Top find today, and for once it's not a brewery, boooo! :bs

Just out for a drive with mum and the planned "Eagle"-ride at Arthurs Seat down the Mornington Peninsula turned a "fog-out", no views to be had.

Bouncing around the Peninsula, we finished up in Flinders, went down to the wharf area and pulled up right next to a little van at the far end of the carpark, next to some picnic tables.

https://goo.gl/maps/1tGqJXiWzny

The van turned out the Flinders Conchilia, offering fresh mussels by Harry, a local fisherman/ aqua-farmer peddling the morning's catch right there at the wharf (buy off the boat) or ready-to-eat from his little van.

Time for a yarn...

FlindersHarry_4.JPG

He only started selling to passers-by a few months ago, usually only supplying local restaurants, Pubs etc.
Not being a seafood-fan in general, I love my mussels....and Harry's stuff is UN-BE-FECKIN-LIEVABLE!.

FlindersHarry_2.JPG

Nice spot, too!

FlindersHarry_3.JPG

FlindersHarry_5.JPG

Those things are HUGE!! JUICEEEE ...and soft like a marshmallow straight from the campfire! :glu:glu

FlindersHarry_1.JPG

Open Sat + Sun + public holidays only, check his FB page for the latest catch and news-from-the-boat.

Is BIG...is GOOD! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I can see a few day-rides coming up around the Peninsula.:whistle:
A short, cold winter's day, some hot drink from the thermos, beaches and islands, a mountain of steaming, monstrous, fresh mussels in that heavenly Laska (coconut) sauce...YA!! :clap::lao:lao

Harry The Mussel !!

FlindersHarry_8.JPG

Something special?? U bet!!

...it won't be long until word gets around, so get your bum down to Flinders, FAAST, yo!

FlindersHarry_7.JPG

Call 0412 220 031
Email flindersconchilia@gmail.com

Sir Francis

Displaced person

nev

Super Térrarist
we tried to get into the redgum bbq with my sister and her family last weekend, but the place was chokkas and they had a huge wait list when we arrived and don't take bookings ahead of time. Ended up at Johnny Ripe for a pie. Good stuff.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Now ya talkin :thumbs:

Goats-cheese, apples, beer + bbq :glu

I think I'll quit on the "thermal baths and candles" stuff... Japanese hot-stones, elevator-music, ethical Penguin-oils and lotus-flowers aren't quite my thing. :whistle::killingme

Top Bottom