Judgement Days

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Quick post for update.

Well, I've had a number of discussions this week about borrowing a frightful amount of money from my friendly bank...

See y'all at lunch tomorrow. :gday:

Don't run over another cruiser thing chuffing around the backblocks....or rather, a milk-crate with a wheel underneath...:lol:
Can I ocky-strap Birtles to your tail light for a bit?
(just to make it there in time)

Btw: Congrats!!

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Remember that if you owe them a small amount of money it's your problem. If you owe them a ridiculously large amount it's their problem. :D

Too true. Unfortunately, I transitioned from a "problem" customer to a "valued" customer a number of loans ago....:rofl:

That's great news. Glitch and I would both like new bikes so how about you just become a more "valued" customer. :D

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
After all that....what's the verdict on the Judge?

Totally biased and entirely partial is perfectly fine.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
After all that....what's the verdict on the Judge?

Totally biased and entirely partial is perfectly fine.

Ok, Ok…now that the secrets out after the lack of Judge at the Christmas lunch I guess I better find the razor and cancel that appointment at the tattoo parlour…

The paint and finish on the Victory bikes is frekkin awesome especially the more bling models and there is some really clever styling and engineering work that has been incorporated into the bikes.

What is also super appealing of the Victory bikes is that unlike a certain other American brand you aren't expected to dress like a pirate and parade around with a lame sneer on yer face.

I really wanted to like the Judge but early in the test ride I came to the conclusion I am not a cruiser rider. The variety / extent of my riding and expectations of a bike are way beyond what a cruiser can offer.

To be fair to Mr Victory the bike was never intended to be a goat track, long haul, dirt road or corner blaster.
In a similar way that head-down bum-up hyerpsports road racers are no longer of interest to me, just because the Victory wasn’t for me doesn’t make it a bad bike. For those that love them, respect.

The Victory is by far the best handling cruiser I have ridden. Excluding the 1200R Sportster, I have never had any serious interest in even riding a Harley (a funny aside - over breakfast a large group of typical late middle age HD pirates leaving the pub across the road spent about 20 minutes revving and acting all bad-ass before making a lot of noise on the 50m ride to the petrol station. For sure everyone including the non-riders were looking at them, but not with envy or in awe rather we looked in pity, ridicule and just plain annoyance at the pathetic efforts to gain attention). :bs

Actually, talking cruisers in general if your riding is anything beyond a few km to the local hang-out or an hour down the smooth freeway/highway it has me beat why anyone would put up with the compromises imposed by the cruiser genre. The splayed out feet forward with your arms at full stretch ergonomics is not as comfortable as say the standard position on the Scrambler / Tiger and the way this riding position limits basic bio-mechanics and the fundamental physics of using your whole body to control a motorcycle is just nuts! :bang:

As for cruiser suspension, after a 50km ride along a typical C-grade road I felt like I'd been beaten up by Mike Tyson. The BMW riding Miss KT simply made fun of me..."I couldn't work out why you were slowing down so much...and what bumps?" As for corners, WTF? Even doing the slow in slow out style favoured by cruiser riders I just could not comprehend how limited the cornering capabilities of cruisers are compared to a standard motorcycle.

Having said all that, I would still very much like to have a Victory in the fleet even if it is only for a few rides per year and the rest of the time to polish and look at. Unfortunately, after Tuesday night (when I unexpectedly bought another house) 2013 is looking like a second year in a row of no additional bikes for me.... :eek:

Well, maybe I may just be able to afford one of these… :woot:

If their advertising is correct, then it may not be such a bad year after all… :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7RfsSyuTHY

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Ya, munn !!

(THAT VID IS A CRACKER!!!)
:guff:guff:guff

Tks for the wrap.:chug:

Really played the thing to the hilt...Bullshit Supreme. :so

Had me believing to the last minute you'd actually put money down on one of those :clap::clap:

And to think I brought Birtles to Woori Yallock for a drag race (or was that a race in drag?):doh:

Not much of an idea about other cruisers...but the one and only go I've ever had on one of those was a Guzzi Cali3...and that thing wasn't too bad as for brakes (Brembos) and ground clearance/ ergos/cornering etc.
Not exciting, as in the capabilities... nor the "shit-me-daks" dept, it just seemed an awefull waste of material to do exactly...nothing. Dull would be the right word.
At least it didn't bite and DID have a decent seat.

Now....that little MadAss!!! :gday:
Why did they never come out with that Rotax-powered 500thumpa version they were talking about a few years back... ya munn!! :looney::looney:

a86

Getting the hang of it
At least it didn't bite and DID have a decent seat.

Now....that little MadAss!!! :gday:
Why did they never come out with that Rotax-powered 500thumpa version they were talking about a few years back... ya munn!! :looney::looney:

I happen to have Siegfreid in the shed at present. Perhaps Siegfried vs Birtles might be a fairer match?

The seat on the MadAss was designed by ex-Stasi interrogators as an instrument of torture.

Top Bottom