A short morning loop......

penguineer

just luscious
This is more off the bike than on - I haven't been riding much lately, really only usng the bike for a short commute......

Lately I've been doing stuff early and finish early. Since it's still too early to make noise at home I take time out to chill out and listen to the birds.

Just down the road a little ways, I park the bike.
knoll-720.jpg~original

The view is different every time I come here - the mist in the valleys hasn't completely burnt off yet:
knoll-view-720.jpg~original

Seating is first come first served, so I grab a table in a quiet corner and get myself sorted out.
stuff-720.jpg~original

(nothing like a bottle of metho in the morning)

Safety measures applied:
caged-720.jpg~original

(snake mesh - ain't no snakes going to get to my second hand guinnes cans!))

Ready to go:
stove-720.jpg~original

Breakfast is served.
noodles-720.jpg~original

It's important not to disturb the local rednecks:
redneck-pademelon-720.jpg~original

(rednecked pademelon)

A little while ago I had spotted a young chap with bit of a dark demeanor waving sticks around:
bowerbird-720.jpg~original

(satin bowerbird)

Turns out he's not up to anything nefarious - he's just decking out his bachelor pad and trying to get lucky:
bower-720.jpg~original

(chicks love blue stuff.....)

Often I go for a short ride to wind myself back up again. A few twists should do it!
twisty-sign-720.jpg~original

....and often take a short detour home through the forest......
forest-720.jpg~original

And that's it........

Cheers!

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:D Love your work :D only i.d boil some eggs :)
What a beautiful time of day in what is Gods own country on Tambourine to appreciate the simple things.:clap:
Bloody refreshing!
I might be tempted though to grab an early morning sausage roll from the bakery at Canungra. the ones at the outpost cafe are SHIT.:(
The ride down and back to Maudsland road would be a great head clearer before or after the repast :glu:wink:

penguineer

just luscious
Thanks guys!

Weather is still not chilled, but gettting cooler - we had a cold snap that meant the fire got lit a few times and the overnight temps are enough to put my homebrew to sleep(it now gets a warming up during the day and a cozy blanket at night).

Mundoolin Connection is OK as a bit of a cobweb clearer, but needs more bends(it's practically straight) - change of pace though.

I still haven't tried the bakery stuff - most times I'm down at Canungra I want to sit down so either go to a cafe a litttle curther down the road or the Outpost(usually it's the only thing open). The prime driver at that point is usually a coffee(of any quality) and a sit down.

O'Riellys is a good little run too.......maybe I should pack my cooking gear and head up to one of the lookouts on Beechmont - the park at the top is a better view than the ones beside the road, but more exposed to the wind.......

Cheers!

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:) Beechmont is..:glu I farking love the ride up from Numingbar Valley :)
The little market at the school is groovy too!

Head to Rosins lookout at sparrows fart :wink:
A beautiful place..
Dixie and I and a few others might be on Tambo mountain for a night around 2nd week August (or Dorrigo) If up your way we,ll let you know !
Would be great to have a beer around a fire :)

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Thanks for posting. Nice bowerbird pics.

penguineer; said:
Safety measures applied:
caged-720.jpg~original

(snake mesh - ain't no snakes going to get to my second hand guinnes cans)

What is this guarding against ? pythons swallowing stuff ?

penguineer

just luscious
Thanks for posting. Nice bowerbird pics.

What is this guarding against ? pythons swallowing stuff ?

Yes. We get a lot of that up here. A press release from our local police: http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/logan/2015/01/05/snakes-alive-make-sure-mesh-snake-proof/

I could also have said it was to prevent thermal runaway :eek: or unauthorised access to the "hot zone" :wow:

Or we could go with it being a lightweight pot support :whistle:

The mesh is sold as snake mesh as serpents can't get through it and it's sturdy enough not to allow them to force it.

Cheers!

Top Bottom