Ural ADV ride

roscoau

Got a bit on the side
Just a great leap into the unknown I guess

I certainly understand that... it took me a long time of haunting the Ural forums and reading stuff before we took one for a ride. By then I had a good theoretical knowledge of what to expect even if I'd never ridden an outfit. We loved it straight off.

If you are tempted the best thing would be to contact Jon and book one of his training sessions, or one of his Ural tours and get a feel for it for yourself.

You really need to understand what you're getting into. They aren't a bike to throw in the shed and not think about it until you want to go somewhere again, you need to be involved - and that's part of the appeal. Basic stuff - checking spokes, tappets, fasteners etc. - the kind of stuff that used to be normal.

Monday afternoon before the ride someone decided his tappets were a touch noisy. He whipped out his feeler gauges and by the time it got dark four or five people had done their valve clearances just for the fun of it.

I used to regularly get my hand slapped when I tried using my feeler gauges when I was younger. Are you saying that it's a safe thing to do now?

Top Bottom