Strahbogie Boogie.

a86

Getting the hang of it
P1000243.jpg

The point at which bikes were sorted by colour, and the green category returned zero.

P1000244.jpg

Discussing how to keep up with the Mighty CB

P1000246.jpg

Serious view!

P1000248.jpg

The nice lunch spot

My track was 400 klicks, and I completely ran out of mojo in the last hundred!

What range did pete get?

Will he be changing username to "Single Pot"?

Last edited:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Re: Strathbogie Boogie.

What a way to spend a Sunday. A bit chilly from from Narbethong to Alexandra - the ambient temp gauge on the CB dropped from a balmy 7 celcius to 4 celcius.

Cold is when the ambient temp gauge is showing -4 celcius ..... and your heated grips have blown a fuse.

After splitting from the main group just south of Alexandra, and stopping for a coffee (and warming-up the hands under the hand drier in the gents) in Alex, Mrs W and I headed for the designated rendezvous point at Bonnie Doon.

Up the highway at surprisingly gentle speeds (well we had to moderate the pace for the DR's) and turn-off onto the Barjag - Strathbogie Road. As near as I can tell F to I on this map:

<Map deleted>

The section between G &H was interesting. Just wait until I shed around 50kg from the CB, get some DS tyres, some riding skills, and I'll show some of youse Strommers and DRers a thing or two.

Mrs W and I had a coffee break at the Strathbogie recreation reserve whilst the main group headed up Mt Wombat.

SANY0012.jpg

Re-joined the group and then lunch at Polly McQuinns:

SANY0013.jpg

SANY0014.jpg

The main group turned right to go via the rock farm and this:

Last time I was here there was water over the road and had to turn back.

Steve, Mrs W & I turned left and on the way to Merton went through some of the nicest twisties for the day, and then via Yarck and Yea. Steve went down the Melba Highway, we had a break. After a little siesta we also went down the Melba and then via Glenburn, Kinglake (some more nice twisties) and St Andrews.

Home about 4:00pm and after 371km.

Thanks to Glitch for organising, and all others for their company.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

nev

Super Térrarist
Why do people use black type on this forum?

Possibly because they're composing their post in another editor, and then copying and pasting it or dragging and dropping it and it is not only copying the text but also the formatting of the original document. Solution to this is to copy first into a plain text editor like notepad first then top copy paste from there into here.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Possibly because they're composing their post in another editor, and then copying and pasting it or dragging and dropping it and it is not only copying the text but also the formatting of the original document. Solution to this is to copy first into a plain text editor like notepad first then top copy paste from there into here.

Or compose it in here straight up.

Looks like a good ride. I can see why Hayesy didn't run out of juice riding the super tanker mothership :bees:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
What range did pete get?

He kept record of it....but it was barely 15k's out of Yea.

Mrs W and I had a coffee break at the Strathbogie recreation reserve whilst the main group headed up Mt Wombat.

You guys could've had a round of golf right next door....they regularly shoot roos with putting-irons there.

I can see why Hayesy didn't run out of juice riding the super tanker mothership :bees:

To be honest...after a few mishaps and losing hours worth of keyboard-work, I always write up my stuff in some old Works, which doesn't add anything to the text. No tags, no background-formatting...

Different with small stuff, but bigger posts/RR's/ and stuff with lots of links I rather keep saved while mucking around with them.

Anyway...that looks like one of those 32? liter Safari tanks Andrew's got there.
Pete's was definitely smaller....20l IMS?

Top Bottom