sunday bimble

MooN

Tour Pro
I managed to get a quick run out on sunday afternoon, madame took N°1 to the pictures & I dropped the twins off at a friends birthday party.

I then drove home, dug the Bike out from the bottom of the compost heap & kicked it into life, it being a Honda, this was, of course no problem, it fired & ran quite happily despite having been sat for a month with absolutely zero loving care & attention whatsoever. :clap:

I togged up & headed south ish via Vincelles, Val de mercy, coulanges & then Clamecy via the back way in. A quick fuel up in Clamecy as I wasn't full when I left home & on to Dornecy, a hard left up the Hill & onto one of the best bits of biking road within an hour of home, all the way to vezelay, St Pere, Pontaubert & avallon. From Avallon I had intended to run back via Lucy le bois but remembered a wee tiny moss covered back road that I wanted to look at again, so out through Anneot & along this tiny single track road that was once tarmacced. (This is the bit between M & O on the google map below but the road I actually took is one of the black squiggly lines going through a "lieu dit" "Champ de feu" which doesn't appear on the map & you cant make the map accept the route...):looney:

Reaching the main road again at Voutenay, I then turned North East towarss Joux la Ville, this was an inspired decision as this was again a great peice of road but really open across the tops to Nitry with a biting east wind blowing. At Nitry, left again & home through Licheres & St Bris le Vineux.

from Licheres to St Bris is one of my "Silly" Roads, there's never any traffic on it, it has some wonderful sweeping curves & a surface like a billiard table so you can ride it mostly flat out :whistle:, just backing off somewhat through St Cyr les Colons which is quite a nasty junction on a hill.:eek:

I was out for 2 hours in all & have no pics as I was having far too much fun to stop & desperately needed the bike "fix".:thumbs:

route map below in an effort to atone for my sins in not having any pics.

http://goo.gl/maps/KcCVt

Top Bottom