Easter

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
Easter W/E and I had no plans....
On the friday morning I woke late with a slightly sore head from the night before with the thoughts of riding but no idea where to. Whilst brousing FB, I noticed that some mates were headed to Proserpine to do some motard practice/training and the lightbulb came on. :D Instantly a rough plan came to mind, so it was throw some crap in the top box and off I head for a late start.
I hit the Bruce Hwy with a fizzle with all the traffic evacuating Brissy for the long weekend doing maybe 20kph, so with some lane splitting and rat running I made it past caloundra turnoff and some normal traffic and speeds. :whistle:
On up past Gympie and head off the Bruce for Kilkivan and Gayndah
DSCN0723_zps8db7b896.jpg

where I stopped for fuel and a quick bite to eat. From here up the Burnett Hwy where I saw a bunyip.
DSCN0724_zpsb446a556.jpg

Then up through Mt Morgan to Rocky where I refueled and had some dinner and umed and arred about weather to stay here for the night but the road was calling so I pushed on into the setting sun.
Bad mistake, as I reckon that every bug in the world was out on the road in front of me that night. :bs By the time I reached Marlborough they were so thick on my screen that you could not see thru it, luckily I had it adjusted fully up so the airflow was mostly keeping them from my helmet visor.
Pulled up camp in a dodgy motel donga for the night & slept soundly.

TBC
Cheers Brian

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Gulp....what a nice "little" loop for an Easter weekend that started with "no idea". :wot::wot:

Hole shyte....that's some serious k's just to see Proserpine!
:clap:

Wondering what part 2 will bring....:scull:

Top Bottom