oh look..A lookout

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Showed Johnny the logs and rocks hiding under the water. Most educational. Kids need to understand what lurks beneath before they go jumping off the bank or swinging out on the rope.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
usually when I run between Dargo and Omeo I use Birregun road (sometimes known as the Dog Grave Rd) but it peaks out at 1500mt and I was a bit worried about it being covered in snow, also I did it in mid June last year and the top section was very muddy.

I was keen to give the Jones Rd/Dorothy Cutting/Brookville Rd a run, but being a 'medium' 4wd track on the DPI map I was worried about doing that by myself late in the day...

the purple is Birregun Rd and the yellow Jones Rd/Dorothy Cutting/Brookville Rd

bee879039ee458e2a8b08f4a24d28446.JPG

both the publican and one of the locals said Jones Rd/Dorothy Cutting/Brookville Rd would be the pick and seeing I haven't done it I though..why not, what could possibly go wrong? W-)

the run up Jones Rd, which you have to do either route was rather rutted, its always rocky but at least it wasn't slushy like it was last year, if you can do this section you can basically do both roads, its probably the hardest bit of both runs

a little ford down low not real far from the main road to start things off

ba0c813445bd120f39ed45d66e59fca1.jpg

the run along the rest of Jones Rd and Dorothy Cutting was just your average bush road affair the surface was good, most of it was tree lined with no view, it seemed to be a good road to get from A to B, nothing amazing but fun none the less, I am not sure where the 'Meduim' 4wd rating came from

fb1eabd7901c5c9b2ae0649100b0fdbe.jpg

06ad436c3f2b6ce6d836d4654de70c1f.jpg

but when I got to the Brookville Rd part... Beautiful farm land views, this was worth it. it went on for about 15km, 1/2 dirt , 1/2 white Asphalt.

the same spot, this photo is one shot in landscape mode

cdeb92a2e77e7748b83be5917432ec4b.jpg

and this is 3 shots in portrait mode then stitched together, I couldnt decide which one to post

d485f567fbf292c256a910ff6f590381.jpg

the other advantage of running this way, if you are going to Omeo you ride along Cassilis Rd which is always a good thing.

I headed up to Omeo and because I had already the nights accommodation booked I head straight up to Parish Boundary Lane, the Road that looks like it should be on the front cover of every Adventure Bike Magazine or Brochure.

is it all that?

I dunno, it was only a slight challenge, it was great to ride its short 5km length and it was great to photograph, but it left me wanting more from it. Its not Barry Way or Western Explorer.

but it does look great

4f689da157ae732c80022220ee0d0dbb.jpg

67de254f060a22cff096e1ccdc239aec.jpg

1f6e6fcc7b8b576c401db4904a64502f.jpg

the ol' Panasonic P&S is showing its age here, it doesnt like the low light...

off to the Omeo Hilltop Hotel which has new owners and a bit of money spent on it... its clean and fresh now, but the food was crap :doh:
But the body didnt care, I was out like a light before 9pm ready for Day 2

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Great photos as always Marty, terrific.
I'll be up that way in late October so it's given me some ideas, I have a whole day to get from Bright down to Traralgon......

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
the same spot, this photo is one shot in landscape mode

cdeb92a2e77e7748b83be5917432ec4b.jpg

Oh, maaaan :drool::drool:
This one does it for me.
"Old" cameras or not....bloody amazing shots. mate!!!
LOVE the 50/50 water-shot on page 2, and this one above.
Jones Rd. is on the menu....might somehow squash it into the Xmas trip.

Thanks for all those wonderful pics.
As for the Parish Boundary...yeah, it's short and might not be much of a "challenge" in half-decent conditions.
But it is unique!....and in a unique setting, too.
Which makes it something special... even if it's not on a scale of the Dargo HP road/ Barry Way/Trappers/ or such.
String enough of those morsels together and you've got yourself one hell of a ride.
Which is exactly what you did :clap:

1.class yarn, this one!! :glu:glu

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
That photo with the sheep is really nice. I love the way the some of the sheep are looking at the camera. :wow:

I rather like that it isn't "overcooked"...which kept it crisp all through without turning to plastic. And boy, what a place :glu :clap::clap:

Top Bottom