Breakout

omi

Getting the hang of it
hi peter.you got the positives in the middle of negatives. there are 2 sides of everething. love mum ( omi )

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Yo, make sure to stay within the lockdown zone.
Gmaps helps with that.
Until stage 4 changes things again.

Yo, make sure to stay within the lockdown zone.
Gmaps helps with that.
Until stage 4 changes things again.

No be very very careful there.
It is NOT the lock down zone it is your immediate area. You CANNOT go for a random motorcycle or car drive and simply stay within the lock down zone. A guy was pinged over the weekend in Langwarrin. He had driven from Keillor to the Mornington Peninsula to go fishing. At the time he was pinged he had not done anything other than drive he had not even got out of his car.
You can only leave your immediate area if what you are doing can't be done in the area AND is one of the four prescribed reasons. I would not want to argue the case with a cop when I was on my motorcycle 30 or 40 km from home aimlessly riding around.

Last edited:
Nope. They've been very explicit about travel to exercise areas. Exercise close to home.

Agree. If you are outside your post code you had better have a very good excuse ready just in case. Riding to Warburton to be able to go for a walk along the rail trail won't pass muster that's for sure.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
here is a comment from someone from the VMC, they arent the law but this guy usualy speaks rather common sence

The VMC has had this question quite a bit. It's also been popular on riding social media pages.

Yes can go for a drive / ride, but there is a requirement within the actual directives which specifically limit the distance travelled for that exercise/recreation - that the distance travelled must be reasonable. Yes, that is a bit open.
Police are essentially using your postcode as a measuring stick to trigger the infringement unless you have a damn good legal reason to be out further.
Riding to Gembrook for a pie would fail the definition IMHO. You can get a pie closer to home.

Riding to Gembrook to take in the kind of roads you need for mental health has a good chance of having the cop write you up anyway because there may be roads closer. So then you'll be arguing the case with the magistrate if you decide to object - something you are entitled to do.

The virus doesn't move people, people move the virus, so these rules are about limiting movement and interaction. Given that this wave is all about community transmission, I'm inclined to keep close to home.

Top Bottom