Birthday Ride out 11/03/2013

D

Duck1150

This being the first proper post on here i will try and do a decent job.

It was my birthday last Monday so my wife Fiona and I thought it would be nice to have a day out on the bike and hopefully do a bit off the black stuff.

So Monday morning started off grey to "i don't want to get out of bed weather".
So with a little effort we where up and on our way out of town done the least boring and tedious highway, down the Leach Highway we stopped to get ourselves some new water proofs(this proved to be a great decision).

2km away from Rays Outdoor shop the heavens opened! And boy did they open, i have two descriptions for the rain 1. a giant waterfall 2. Riding in a giant washing machine. Thankfully the Duck coped perfectly and the waterproofs did there job.

After the boating trip up the Roe highway then a quick stop at the Honda shop to look at VTR's for Fiona. Off came the waterproofs and up the Great Northern Hwy to lunch at Feral Brewing Company, the food and beer was pretty special if your passing through the swan valley this place should be very high on your list!
birthday1_zpsb62987b7.jpg

After lunch a quick look round Bells Rapids not looking very Rapid at this time of year.
birthday2_zps11ad820b.jpg

birthday3_zpsb235fbfc.jpg

After getting lost in a housing development for 20mins we where back on the highway until Bullsbrook, then east on Chittering Valley road and onto Keating Rd and finally off the black stuff and a chance to ride some gravel, 20Km of fun towards Toodyay.

Me and the Duck.
birthday4_zpsb3a04120.jpg

Toodyay for a coke at the coke Museum?
Nice place Toodyay.
birthday5_zps502be4d0.jpg

birthday6_zps865eb548.jpg

Then just a nice run home, a very nice way to spend my birthday and Fiona also had fun on the back.

D

Duck1150

Good effort first up.

Well, Happy Birthday......

:eek:mmpa:

Thanks it was a good day.

And now you've got my interest....

Where's this?

Nice looking old pub, pity they make 'em like that anymore.

:clap::clap::clap:

The bridge is at Bells Rapids, over the Swan river, there is a annual event called the Avon Decent where the bridge looks more like this,

Spectators-on-bridge-at-BellsRapidTrail-AvonDescent-3Aug08-reduced.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A "Happy Birthday" from this corner, too.

This one certainly perked my interest :chug:
There's at least 2 darks in there...and Bright Brewery could take a really good look at the size of those sampler-glasses!!

Looks like a good day out, despite the rain.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
..... sampler-glasses!!

Last time we were at the Bullant Brewery we tried the 20oz sampler glasses - ya don't need more than four or six sample though ....... because this :chug:, becomess thisss :scull:, becomesss thisssss :sick:

Oh dear!!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Where's this?

Found it on Gmaps, about 90k's north-east of Perth

CamStrom

Tear along dotted line!
Belated Happy Birthday and loved the pics.

I first thought it was a ride post and thinking, "maybe, just maybe I could do this one" then I relished the date and where you are!
Facepalm!

Thanks for sharing.

Cam

D

Duck1150

A "Happy Birthday" from this corner, too.

This one certainly perked my interest :chug:
There's at least 2 darks in there...and Bright Brewery could take a really good look at the size of those sampler-glasses!!

Looks like a good day out, despite the rain.

the rain only lasted for 30 mins, so all was good.

the two darks are really good a smoked porter and a dark IPA. Also had the porter in cask condition in a local pub this weekend! i have been spoilt on my birthday week.

Feral should be doing some small Bottled batches that should make it over east, worth a try if you can get hold of them.(i am no way involved in this brewery just like drinking their beer):scull:

the sample size was perfect about a pint and half in total.

D

Duck1150

Found it on Gmaps, about 90k's north-east of Perth

the Brewery is near Bullsbrooke that you can see just north of the starting point and the old style pub/hotel is in toodyay.

Top Bottom