Hail long weekends...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
.... all I remember was Jay just saying we can just go back if your not comfortable….and boy was I not comfortable with this dunno why, anyway after much internal debate in my head I said I just couldn’t do it…..and jay was cool with it, though I knew in my head I was holding him back.

Of course Jay was cool with it, he's been there himself.
If it don't look right and don't feel right and the gut tells you so at the time, the only one you're letting down is yourself if you're stupid enough to still press on!
There's no shame or guilt when common sense prevails, period.

Like rosie says can’t wait for summer and the adventures I know we will get up to.:chug:

And deadright she is. Next time you'll get to the same spot you'll be in a different physical and/or mental state, the climb up the other side is dry... things will still take a little "kick", but it'll be a breeze and nobody will get hurt.
Then it'll be just a tick in a box, job done, and another one under the belt with laughs galore.

TKS for the write up guys (now waiting for Jay's side of the story) :so:so

STOOKIE

I like it dirty
So since there are different stories about my grasp on time I will give you my side. The last time I was up there it seemed shorter but we blasted through these trails on the way to wonangatta.
Howqua hill track off Steiner was great. Dry and steep and a bit more on the pucker your ass kinda hill.
Stewy went first so I could stop should he have an issue.
He didn't and don amazing. Dual brake discs are better than one cos I had a few slides hauling the bike up. Once at bottom I don't remember the short river cos it wasn't there in summer. We arrived at tobacco flats and I knew it was further. Of up this snotty mofo of a hill and by god was it sloppy and muddy , full of ruts and I was all tangled up with wheels in different tracks.
I was pleased that Stewy couldn't see much up the hill cos if I had I would have probably not had a go in the dark. Being halfway up and not hearing Stewy I stopped and went back to have him just crack into it showering me in mud , thanks mate.
Down the other side we went nice and slow do Stewy could follow the light from my bike.
We got there and the rest you know ;)

Thankfully Rosie was there and dinner wasn't far away.

Way home we went down flourbag track to the bottom of moonlight spur.
Water crossing got me pumped but in saying that I've done ALOT and I understood stewys reservations as like GLitch said I been there too.
Heading back the track we came down I pushed ahead sliding into corners and jumping the whoops and gave my new rig a bit of a test. Impressive is was buy after getting to the end I have a 1 smoke rule. After 1 I head back looking for Stewy. I was very nervous he was over the edge, but he wasn't just taking a break ( now you know why the CB radio is important Stewy)
He is good just taking time out.
I'm happy now so at A1 mine I take of on the strom. Love those tyres, love sliding the backend up the twisty hills , what a blast.

For me being stuck cramped in between the tank bag and gear on back is fine for road but you couldn't move on it when offroad. Bar risers and better bars would suit standing up an containing the bike as the standard are to narrow.

Bloody ripper engine though! Can we fit that in a DR frame glitch ?
Great weekend. Stewy found the edge so next tim we jump off it ;)

I been there and done it. Stewy can and will too.
Takes more time and a bit more setup on bike but he imposed me and should be proud of his ability. I think we take your bulbs out and go in the dark. ;)

AWSOME weekend and company wasn't bad either.
Stewy complimented me on being quieter than normal !!!!

I'm a dad now I guess. Nice and calm.
:thumbs:

Top Bottom