Tassie Delights...Forum Meet Wynyard 2011

DonQx

Chasing dreams in slo mo
can't resist pinching one of Rob's pics ...

the pyromaniac on 2 wheels

"After fire at Frankford"

bike & saddlebag (now on top) not quite mediium well done

DSC_0507.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Feel free to link in any of my pics, Pete. Notice the rice on the ground? You can't see it, but there's a smear of condensed milk over a lot of parts of the bike too!

Eagle-lady

Getting the hang of it
Thanks for the flattering pictures.
Paul said last time he cooks for you all:bsyou didnt get his good side

Poor Ebony has orange hair from the great shave/colour your hair day.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Righto, I'll chime in here then!

Saturday: As can be seen above, my trip didn't start out too well with my right pannier catching on fire in Frankford. Missed the monster breakfast and headed home to reorganise and repack. Take 2. Met up with the mob in Deloraine. Pete said we were heading up the A5. He takes off with the Mob in tow. Steve (Kaptain Kaos) stays behind while I saddle up and take off after them. Not knowing about the corner marking system and the change of intersection where you used to have to turn off to go to Meander, I turned straight up the A5 with Steve following. Some way up the road Steve pulls me over to say we should have caught them by now and there was no corner marker. Got to the top to not find the mob, started to head down and crossed paths. Headed back up but really started closing in

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

Looking for the pin out of the tank bag at Moina

DSC_0526.jpg

Saturday night dinner at Wharf Hotel, Wynyard

Pete, Pete, Dave, Ken, Jim, Andreas, Susanne
DSC_0529.jpg

Chris, Mick, Judy, Jeff, Dave, Tracey and Steve
DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Sunday 13th

Take off in the morning for the back roads

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

You stepp in something, Pete?:bs
DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

I get to the carpark at Devils Gullet behind Dave on the Tiger and I have no idea how long it is going to take everyone to get there. Since I had made an appointment with Jim for some rack work, I go up to the lookout alone

DSC_0569.jpg

I get back to the carpark to hear of a flat tyre and a broken chain. As I head off down the road I pass most of them, the flat has been fixed. Come across Andreas and Suse taking some shade. Get details for the RACT and have some spirited riding down to the Mole Creek camp ground for some reception on the mobile. Organise the RACT to rescue the stranded DRZ and try and call Jim to let him know 'm running a little behind. More Spirited riding up through the Gog forest to Sheffield, where I reach Jim to tell him I'm on the way. Much piss farting around we finally come up with a result

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

These things saved me in more ways than one!

I get "lunch" at about 9:30pm at Maccas in Burnie, after enjoying a beer and some good yarns with Jim at his place. Didn't enjoy the night time ride back to Wynyard from Devonport, it got cool and rather windy. Plus I pushed the fuel to the limit and ran out of juice from the left side tank just out of Wynyard and it took a while to convince the fuel to come through from the right hand side of the tank. Worried I was going to flatten my battery, the old XT finally coughs into life and I make it in to Leisureville to a welcoming group eager to see the shiny new bits of Jim's and my handy work.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Monday 14th:

Table Cape lookout kicks of the morning ride

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

River stop

DSC_0595.jpg

I don't know what it is about these two, but on the first night Goodie is telling me how in Europe, Dave took her into the forest and showed her something, and she was taking pictures..... Now look at him showing her some wood!

DSC_0596.jpg

Lunch stop in Wilmot where Dave departs for home

DSC_0611.jpg

Up the A5 on a much nicer day

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

Can actually see Great Lake

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

Everyone pikes early at Miena. I come back to the tents after a shower to proclaim "It's only ten past nine! Where is everyone!"
"We're in bed," says Tracey, "It's too cold!"
Well you should have got your "camp fire" out Trace :)
I go to bed as well. Ear plugs keep me blissfully unaware of the snoring going on in the other tents.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Tuesday 15th

Sunrise, Miena

DSC_0644.jpg

Pete washing the strom in Arthurs Lake

DSC_0646.jpg

Callington Mill, Oatlands

DSC_0666.jpg

Maria Island from Orford

DSC_0683.jpg

Whilst I'm swapping tubes, the two Petes fix up the tank bag

DSC_0687.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Wednesday 16th

The Tardis, Lake Leake

DSC_0692.jpg

Pete, Goodie and myself tackle the dirt further. Coming into Meetus Falls

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0696.jpg

The MS road continues fairly well, despite a detour and retrace to the way I wanted to go. We get out to the cross roads where the road from Royal George goes down to Cranbrook. The MS road becomes the MG. Due to all the short runs and lots of stop starts, the XT gets a bit tired and decides to get a flat battery. After a bit of running down the road we manage to roll start. Pete asks if we should go on
"I'll be right" I say, "I'll keep her running, turn off the headlight and if I turn it off I'll stop on a good hill"

Well the MG doesn't take far before it starts showing signs of becoming rather dodgy. As it peters out into a single lane track, we're left wondering if we came down the right bit. After a rather rocky section I see I'm on a ridge above a valley. Looking at my map, I determine we must still be on the right "road"

This is the valley of Nowhere Else, behind the Fingal Tier

DSC_0713.jpg

Rocky downhill into a rock covered bridge. Goodie lays the Shrek over coming down.

DSC_0714.jpg

Bit of a causeway, nearly at the end of the MG!

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

The first beer at the St Marys Hotel is terrific. I haven't had it nearly as tough as Pete and Goodie but it was a real adventure ride all loaded up.

Once they ditch these useless stroms for some DRs they'll be laughing:bs. They did an excellent job, and after riding the WTFs on the last day, I am even more impressed at how these two handled these bikes through that:clap:

Top Bottom