Rockin' The Soul_NZ's South 2013

J

Jantar

...It’s a bumpy, washed out climb with lots of loose rock and rubble to keep things interesting, but nothing really difficult. Still, I’m happy to be on a lighter/ more agile bike than the Strom. It’d be a heck of a lot more work trying to get one of those up here and the sweat’s running already, anyway.

NZ_Feb13_0106.JPG

This area is my back yard and I have been over there on a Strom many times. Last year I finally traded the Strom on a Bandit and bought a DR as a commuter and adv bike. One of my first trips on the DR was over the Old Dunstan, and Damn if I didn't pass you guys going in the opposite direction. :lol:

I was meeting a couple of other riders coming the opposite direction and also remember the Grader working close to the Poolburn reservoir. That Thompsons Track is also a local ride for me, but I prefer to do it with other riders otherwise there are 22 gates to be opened and closed.

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I was meeting a couple of other riders coming the opposite direction and also remember the Grader working close to the Poolburn reservoir. That Thompsons Track is also a local ride for me, but I prefer to do it with other riders otherwise there are 22 gates to be opened and closed.

Fair enough :bs

Soooo...that was YOU coming up from Moa Creek?!
Certainly remember that, as we didn't see another bike all day.
DR with a ?blue? tank....at least it was a tank-colour that didn't match the rest of the bike.
You're from the Alex/ Clyde area then?
What an incredible place, that whole Otago area is just gobsmacking.

Ohhh....welcome here, too.:gday:

J

Jantar

Fair enough :bs

Soooo...that was YOU coming up from Moa Creek?!
Certainly remember that, as we didn't see another bike all day.
DR with a ?blue? tank....at least it was a tank-colour that didn't match the rest of the bike.
You're from the Alex/ Clyde area then?
What an incredible place, that whole Otago area is just gobsmacking.

Ohhh....welcome here, too.:gday:

Blue DR with a yellow IMS tank. I had only fitted the tank the day before, and still haven't got around to dying it blue yet. :oops:

The next day three of us went into the Nevis while it appears you were playing around up Treble Cone. Marvelous country around here for getting away from it all.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Blue DR with a yellow IMS tank. I had only fitted the tank the day before, and still haven't got around to dying it blue yet. :oops:
Marvelous country around here for getting away from it all.

Ohhh man...is it ever!! And it's all so close together. :glu

That's it...blue with a yellow tank, I remember it to be a bit of an "odd one".:)

Top Bottom