Me, the Bike and a Bee.

S

Sp00k

Just putting this up so you have something to read, no matter how boring it may be LOL.

Went out today to the Tidbinbilla Space Station. A relatively short ride through some beautiful country.

Being the upcoming novice adventurer on a shiney GS that has barely a dirt smudge on it. I cant go 10 metres without having the Australian Map Atlas Edition 4, on display so anyone casually looking might think I travelled 1000 km instead of 10 :) One must keep up appearances mustnt one.

309ikc1.jpg

The obligatory shot from the Helmet Cam of the road ahead. Reminds me to adjust the angle of it and pay more attention to my laser calibration next time.

24q49k2.jpg

This seemingly boring shot captures what was the most eventful part of my trip. At about 110km an hour something manages to hit me on the chin inside my full face helmet with the force of a tiny wombat. The sharp thud of this mystery missile rebounding against the inside of my visor, gave me pause, and I looked down cross eyed over my nose at a fat pissed off hairy Bee that was still very much alive but a little dazed from his experience.

Its a bit like finding a dirty great hairy spider in your helmet at 100Kmh. Fortunately common sense prevailed over mad girly screaming panic and I got the beemer over to the side of the road before kicking the yellow and black miscreant out onto the ground. He's down there somewhere. I hope.

nw0rah.jpg

Crisis over, its time for a pose.

ieqvk0.jpg

Onwards I go. There's a hotdog at the end of this road somewhere. Turning into the Tidbinbilla Tracking Station facility. Its open to the public most days. Theres a good but expensive takeaway here and you can surround your self in nerdy moon rocks to your hearts delight. Personally, I just go for the hotdogs.

v30nm0.jpg

A little further along. The entrance road is great. Long with wide sweeping bends that roll up and down small green hills. At the end of it you find these

2yz0okz.jpg

The bikes turn to pose with the Sat Dish as a backdrop.

solavb.jpg

Sitting down with my hotdog at the Tracking Station Cafe, this Maggy decides to sit right at the other end of my Hotdog, staring me out. I wouldnt have minded if he had paid half.

4t6dzr.jpg

Just another chance to get off the bike and photograph something! heh.

2zsttza.jpg

Thats it :)

Chally

Tour Pro
A short ride is better than no ride mate. We seem to have nothing but wetish weather up this way in recent times.:mad: I think I would have had my visor open quicker than you with that visitor you had.

Good photos and good to see you enjoying the new bike.

Jeff

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Cocky little shit, isn't he?
Just look at that face!

Thanks for the post mate...and good to see Tidbinbilla still operating.
Gotta re-visit Honeysuckle and the other former tracking station one of those days...

goodie

Glad, you didn't get stung! I know of someone ending up in the emergency department of a hospital after such an event...

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Glad, you didn't get stung! I know of someone ending up in the emergency department of a hospital after such an event...

she ends up in ER with a stubbed toe :rolleyes:

I got stung an inch from the eye in NZ in March, lucky I am not allergic to bees unlike my brother

O

ockerstrom

she ends up in ER with a stubbed toe :rolleyes:

I got stung an inch from the eye in NZ in March, lucky I am not allergic to bees unlike my brother

I am, been in hospital a couple of times.

Thirteen stings to the head, face and neck on one occasion.

I now carry an EpiPen, if stung I [or someone else] has to stab me in the leg with it, important to not hold it the wrong way up or the "stabber" gets the dose instead of me. :eek:

Top Bottom