Tornanti_2...Three Weeks Of Carve Till Ya Barf!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Mate...been trying to open those files...discovered I had a v 4.xx Google earth....loaded 5.2., still no go?
Which version have you used to make 'em?

moike

Old Fahrt
Mate...been trying to open those files...discovered I had a v 4.xx Google earth....loaded 5.2., still no go?
Which version have you used to make 'em?

Your browser doesn't recognise them and opens them as text.

Right-click the link to the KML file and save it to your hard disk, then open it. Any version of Google earth should handle it.

moike

Old Fahrt
Oh, and you can also copy the url of the link and paste it into the search box of google maps, but you don't get the 3D thing.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thanks mate.....got it going.
Sweet!!....I'd forgotten half of the little connectors we've ridden.
Gotta go and read the ride-report again :bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: for Information .......

:eek::eek::eek:

The Panoramica delle Vette is now paved only.
The reason is the next Giro d'Italia in May 2011:poo:

Just found out that the Giro didn't use the Panoramica after all...and there's still ~14k of gravel across the top (as of Oct. 2016) :clap::clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
...and now I'm suckered into the yarn and pics again. Here goes a Friday night!!
Man, it was one hell of ride :glu:glu:clap::clap:

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Re: for Information .......

Just found out that the Giro didn't use the Panoramica after all...and there's still ~14k of gravel across the top (as of Oct. 2016) :clap::clap:

That's right. The race management decided in the short term, because of high risk of crashing the cyclists, for another route. There is still some gravel left over.:clap:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
The valley- floor drops at Maloja, down the Maloja Pass, into the Bergell (Val Bregaglia), the views are fabulous!!
glubsch.gif
glubsch.gif

T2_1175.jpg

T2_1176.jpg

The old Maloja Kulm Hotel, one of the classic Ski-Hotels of the past and present for the international jetset….beautifully maintained.
Yup, built in 1646….
The roof is part natural rock-slate and part copper.

T2_1177.jpg

T2_1178.jpg

Some of the famous Maloja tornanti

T2_1179.jpg

T2_1180.jpg

A dunny with a view !!

T2_1181.jpg

T2_1182.jpg

Not even 20k’s down-valley…

T2_1183.jpg

there’s the turn-off to Soglio, one of those sleepy places which have only recently been discovered by tourism….Soglio is a gem!!
spoton.gif
spoton.gif

The road is peppered with mashed chestnuts from the overhanging branches… the large chestnut groves full of trees hundreds of years old.

T2_1184.jpg

T2_1185.jpg

T2_1186.jpg

T2_1187.jpg

A POSTIE!!

Hmmm…wonder, if that thing would make it up Cape York?
bs2.gif

T2_1188.jpg

T2_1189.jpg

T2_1190.jpg

T2_1191.jpg

T2_1192.jpg

T2_1193.jpg

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/rock-shock_village-evacuated-after-landslide/43464358

we rode through the town that the landslide hit in Switzerland last week

the quoted post above was the day (no photos that I can see), I was there again last October

very pretty part of the world

I remember corner marking on this brigde waiting for ages for Tim to catch up :whistle:
_97521900_mudslidebridge-624x330.jpg

sad that people lost their lives but it could have been far worse

Top Bottom