Glitchster_Walkabout

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
Fantastic day out guys. thanks for the ride. good to finally meet some of you. eagerly waiting to see some pictures from today

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Re: Glitchster-Walkabout...Sat 12.Jan Day Ride

Awesome day out. Thanks one and all.

Just a few pics to illustrate.

While admiring the cold and cloud cover on Donna Buang, Williamson remarks 'You wot?'

Got a load of serenity after buckets of fun on rocky roads up behind the Cathedrals.

We stop for lunch in scenic farmland north of Thornton

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Oh boy, what a day :clap:
Great riding by the 2 roadies and the Schpock!! There certainly was the odd pucker-moment, particularly on the stretch behind the Cathredrals, whoohoo...:eek:

Strawbs, man...strawbs!! The smell was just too much, had to go and have a look down Gruyere Rd....taking the "long way" to the meet in Woori Yallock.

2013_Jan12_001.JPG

Near the top of Donna Buang...the old hanggliding ramp doesn't get much use nowadays.
The Evel Knievel perspective....

2013_Jan12_002.JPG

Buckling up before the loose gravel of the Acheron

2013_Jan12_003.JPG

2013_Jan12_004.JPG

Theme of the day: "Can't see shit!"
Up Mt. Strickland...

2013_Jan12_005.JPG

2013_Jan12_006.JPG

Pete (Doonap) skidding his way to the ridge :so:so

2013_Jan12_007.JPG

2013_Jan12_008.JPG

2013_Jan12_009.JPG

Waiting for the 2 Tigers after their hunt for a "I'm-riding-to-China" CB13...:whistle::whistle:

2013_Jan12_010.JPG

2013_Jan12_011.JPG

2013_Jan12_012.JPG

The Dishrack checking the territory....

2013_Jan12_013.JPG

The nice part of the "Cathedral byways"...both climb and descent were a bit of a handfull.

2013_Jan12_014.JPG

Going feral out the back of Thornton....man, what a lunch spot !! :thumbs::thumbs:

2013_Jan12_015.JPG

2013_Jan12_016.JPG

2013_Jan12_017.JPG

2013_Jan12_018.JPG

2013_Jan12_019.JPG

2013_Jan12_020.JPG

2013_Jan12_021.JPG

2013_Jan12_022.JPG

The shy CB13.... :doh::doh:

2013_Jan12_023.JPG

tbc

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Ok, who farted….? :rofl:

Heading up Mt Donna Buang.

Hello, Tiger… :lol:

Back on the bitumen, time to make some noise. :woot:

Acheron Way.

Above Marysville. Shortly after this, the Tiger rescue squad was set out after a wayward Williamson. :doh:

Dry countryside.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
.... good to finally meet some of you .....

Likewise Captn.

You handled the dirt and gravel like a pro, stayed upright (not like some other Strom riders I know). The boys will find some real serious dirt for you next time.

Bald Spur Road (up) next time out - much better surface than today's roads and track, but just a tad steeper.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Likewise Captn.

You handled the dirt and gravel like a pro, stayed upright (not like some other Strom riders I know). The boys will find some real serious dirt for you next time.

Bald Spur Road (up) next time out - much better surface than today's roads and track, but just a tad steeper.

Bloody good going that "Dolly-Strom", aye?? :clap::so

Same goes for the 2 roadies, things were a bit bloody rough in places...
as for the Bald Spur....that was the first time I've gone down it, which makes the "going up it" a piece of cake.
Shit, it's steep!...and bloody slippery, being so dry at the moment.
Couldn't even enjoy the fantastic views, bummer! (and there are some awesome vistas across to Melbourne's Skyline and bay beyond).

Took a few nice, little "extras" on a roundabout-way into Panton Hill and, ultimately, Warrandyte....which is just about worth another half-day/ day-ride, padding it out with a few other stretches.

Thanks for a good day out everyone, enjoyed myself immensely.:lao

Squizzy

Long Timer
Thanks for the ride today guys. Saturday rides are a good idea. Gives Sunday to have a sleep in then clean the bike, or go for another ride!

Williamson

Part of the furniture

... a "I'm-riding-to-China" CB13...

I was led astray by a Tiger, besides I needed to ride some more challenging roads. Where were you pussies anyway?

The shy CB13.... :doh::doh:

2013_Jan12_023.JPG

Couldn't hear the silky smooth Mighty CB coming eh?

No point in posting that pic, it's the usual view (rear) you guys get of the Mighty CB anway.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Top Bottom