A view across the farmer's valley:
AlexandratoEidlonBackRoad.jpg

A zoom-in from above with a couple of adventurers riding the track:
Somoneelse.jpg

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
Likewise Captn.

You handled the dirt and gravel like a pro, stayed upright (not like some other Strom riders I know). The boys will find some real serious dirt for you next time.

Bald Spur Road (up) next time out - much better surface than today's roads and track, but just a tad steeper.

cheers michael. i am still in absolute awe of the fact that you muscled that behemoth of a CB on to those dirt roads. made us all look very ordinary with our "dirt spec" dual sport bikes. also amazed by the general skills in the group. a BMW F800R kept it upright (well done pete!). A white tiger with a near bald front tyre (grip is overrated eh Tim? :D) kept passing all of us all day.

Pete you spelt my name right (you even pronounced it incredibly well). thanks for all the advice on cornering in the dirt (tim) and all for the advice on gear and handle bar risers et al.

Pictures look great, i have awesome footage on my GoPro too. I will post an edited version soon. It contains mostly footage of everyone passing me in the dirt leaving me in dust...:lol::glu

If anyone else has a glamour shot of me in the dirt, and if you haven't posted the pic up already, please let me know. wouldnt mind getting one pic for the avatars :lol:

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Silly things is Captn, my front tyre is relatively new - Conti market them as twin sport tyres...then again I suppose you could count slippin and slidin as two sports...:rofl:

I think winter is gonna be interesting....:whistle:

Look forward to catching up for another ride.

C

cameronp

That looks like it was a fun ride! And Williamson, super impressed at the way you take a big road bike on tracks like that.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Oh Jeez....one more and he'll need the trailer hooked up permanently, just to cart the head around. :whistle: :doh::bs

Williamson

Part of the furniture
..... he'll need the trailer hooked up permanently, just to cart the head around.

I'm actually looking for a bigger trailer - well a camper trailer, something like this one. Big enough for Mrs W and me to tow behind the Mazda for a week or four (Alice Springs next year), and small enough to tow behind the CB, or a Goldy, or a Victory.

:bt

Top Bottom