Arvo Shorty: Sat 10/12

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Just a few hours in the nearby eastern hills, some gravel, some twisties, some coffee, a creek-crossing or 2...

Leave: 12.30pm
servo on Mountain Hwy cnr. Liverpool Rd.

giving us some gravel options either up the hill to Sassafras via the gravel of the Basin-Olinda Rd. or the Sheffiled/ Old Coach Rd. into Kalorama....both for a hop across the mountain into the Monbulk/ Macclesfield area...or whatever.
Maybe checkout Chappies for some new cherries along the way...or the trout farm/ Tschampions Rd./ checking out some backroads around Yellingbo...no shortage of pretty spots!! W-)

Or the Strawberry Man

Here
https://goo.gl/maps/Fc3zgymTFEP2

Not sure for me I have a ride on Sunday and need to get some other stuff done. I will see you if I see you.

BTW. The place immediately east on Queens Road is called Cherry Hill Orchards (I think). They have quite a nice cafe. Maybe worth a look for the cafe thread. I have only been there once with 2000 of my best girlfriends (Bicycle Victoria event).

Last edited:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Maybe not...

Didn't realise that little rest in the mud the other week filled the battery and fuse area full of slurry, someones got a day of cleaning electrics to do

Have fun

ant

AngryAnt
I'm helping a friend change chain and sprockets this morning and he's still not here yet... so unlikely I'll make it..

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thanks for looking in guys...and letting me know.
Struggling a bit here, too...why are Saturdays always that short?
Still trying to get there on time, though!!

dougman1

Part of the furniture
I'm in... just woke up and seen this at 2 pm... It's the old saying, you snooze, you lose! :bt

May as well have a beer then....:chug:

Enjoy the ride folks..! :so

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I'm in... just woke up and seen this at 2 pm... It's the old saying, you snooze, you lose! :bt

May as well have a beer then....:chug:

Enjoy the ride folks..! :so

2pm....nearly made it then :)
Good to hear you're still alive after a week of 12hr night shifts.

As nobody showed up, Goodie decided to tag along for an hour or so.

Who said there are no tree ferns left on the city-side of Mt. Dandenong? :thumbs:

Sat10_Dec_0001.JPG

Sat10_Dec_0002.JPG

Beaut little spot

Sat10_Dec_0004.JPG

Basin-Olinda Rd. (the old "Mountain Hwy"), this time in absolutely perfect nick...supersmooth and NO DUST....it's chrome-bucket-territory at the moment.

Sat10_Dec_0005.JPG

Near Mt. Dandenong

Sat10_Dec_0006.JPG

Always a good spot, even under grey skies...Johns Hill Reserve. Looks like a mighty fat Koala doing a push-up....the saddle in the background is "The Slide", where the Melba Hwy climbs the Kinglake ridge above Dixons Creek.

Sat10_Dec_0007.JPG

Westernport Bay and Philip Island in the distance when one turns around 180deg.

Sat10_Dec_0008.JPG

Towards Emerald...

Sat10_Dec_0010.JPG

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Williamson, Col, Lorraine, John and Johnny were already booked in for the Mansfield RTE. Did the Euroa to Merton twisty, then down to Yea for coffee and a sausage roll. Picked up all the ST guys and back up to Mansfield for lunch under the massive pin oak at the Mansfield pub. Absolutely beautiful beer garden there. I lost balance trying to park the beemer and used all my strength to keep it off the ground, but with Johnny's weight it was a losing battle. One of the ST guys helped me get it straight again but the damage was done. Torn bicep and a lump the size of a golf ball below my elbow so tendon damage. Looks like I'll be in a sling for a while. Shoulda let it drop. Geez it hurts! ....Stop laughing Willo!!!!

Top Bottom