OMCC Trials practice day at Three Bridges

Chally

Tour Pro
Excellent photos again. I like some of the expressions on the faces. Number eight remindes of te saying "Head over turkey!!!" :bs

Do I see a bit of a glitch in the background of photo #9? :D

Jeff

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
@ Jeff....that's a sharp eye you've got!:eek:

And yes, #8 was a full-sized "arse-up"! :lol:

OK....decided to tag along on a day that had pretty much all that the weather-frogs had predicted. High winds, a shitload of crap on the roads as a result, lateron the rains pelted down as the cool change came through and some fairly high temps for the start (28 at 8.00 am).

Took the backways to Three Bridges, which is just east of Gladysdale on the Yarra JUnction-Powelltown Rd.

The event was well hidden behind a substantial apple-orchard and definitely a family-affair.

Those bikes are little tech-marvels...and the workmanship on them is just awesome.

Trials_3Bridges01.JPG

Talk about "rare as hen's teeth"....a '70's?? Fantic 200

Trials_3Bridges02.JPG

It's all in the face

Trials_3Bridges03.JPG

Trials_3Bridges04.JPG

Going bush

Trials_3Bridges06.JPG

Family affair, orrite

Trials_3Bridges07.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Trials_3Bridges09.JPG

Trials_3Bridges10.JPG

Another visitor enjoying the atmosphere

Trials_3Bridges11.JPG

THAT'S how it's done!

Trials_3Bridges13.JPG

Another relic of yesteryear, a 60's/ 70's CZ showing off the low pressure settings of the tyres perfectly in the run-up to the next log.

Trials_3Bridges14.JPG

Dad + daughter...who was keeping score on the old man and didn't show any mercy dishing out the penalty points.

Trials_3Bridges15.JPG

More family-affair, just check that face

Trials_3Bridges16.JPG

...no shortage of siblings teaching eachother, with or without 2-smoke cloud

Trials_3Bridges17.JPG

Spot the intensity....one on the tiller, the other on the shutter-release

Trials_3Bridges18.JPG

Trials_3Bridges19.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Great stuff...and typical for the trails scene.:clap:

A senior doing some impromtu coaching.

Trials_3Bridges20.JPG

Trials_3Bridges21.JPG

Also typical for the scene...lots of homemade stuff around, like this cute, little trailer.

Trials_3Bridges23.JPG

Just couldn't help it...

Trials_3Bridges22.JPG

Found a couple more "surprise"-roads on the way home and just managed to whack the rolladoor shut before an almighty gust would've ram-packed the place with half of the neighbourhood's leaves, twigs and general rubbish.

Thanks to Richard for dragging me out on an iffy-looking Sunday.... still got some things done to the Klacka through the rest of the afternoon, too.

nev

Super Térrarist
The event was well hidden behind a substantial apple-orchard and definitely a family-affair.

It was held in the bush beside the Sander's apple orchard was it? They've been
quiet involved in motorbike scene for years, often making their property available for events like these. I knew Bob Sanders years and years back. About 20 years ago I was out there as an observer at a round of the Vic trials championships on a very cold, damp afternoon.

Glitch it looks to me that a couple of your shots could benefit from the use of Photoshops content aware fill to remove unwanted objects. :D

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
It was held in the bush beside the Sander's apple orchard was it?

Sounds like the one, mate!

Glitch it looks to me that a couple of your shots could benefit from the use of Photoshops content aware fill to remove unwanted objects. :D

Compared to yours, they'd need a heck of a lot more than just some PS tweaking :oops:
And the shot of "The Dishrack" STAYS! :bs

Top Bottom