[NSW] SR500 run, Sydney. But where are the SRs???….

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
The Sydney SR500 club guys had a ride on today. So I tagged along. Due to Telstra’s slack service I didn’t get the meeting place and time info till 8:30am via the SR forums. Thanks for PM’ing me Wizz954. So I had about 45 mins to get to Loftus from Granville. I made it with 5 mins to spare. At one stage I was down on the tank in behind the fairing. I have never laughed so hard on a bike before. It must have looked a sight with little fat me trying to get in behind the fairing.
I arrived at Loftus Oval, the meeting place, to see a BMW 650 sitting there. It was Milkman. Then curly001 rolls in on his much modified XT500. I look at the road tyres and how stripped down this bike is know that he is a quick rider. After about 10mins in rolls Wizz954 on his Fireblade.

25NOVSRrun002.jpg

25NOVSRrun001.jpg

25NOVSRrun005.jpg

25NOVSRrun006.jpg

25NOVSRrun003.jpg

Hmmm. I keep looking around for any SR’s. None have arrived. The 3 other guys all have SRs. But not on the road. Wizz954 races one. Curly001 has 3 in the garage, none road worthy. Milkman has one at home that needs working on.
It is soon decided that no one else is turning up. So off we head to the Royal National Park. Curly is leading us. Even with eye plugs in I can hear Curly’s XT. What a lovely sound it is to.
The road for the first half of the RNP is dry and a good pace is set. Soon we drop down off the plateau into the rain forest area. The road is damp in lots of places. Curly is off like a shot. Milkman on the old R65 is also getting away from me. I have only ridden the RNP twice on a solo. And that has been this year. I have done it with an outfit a few times a few years back but it is so different on a solo. I have backed off. Not that I could feel the front end get loose in the damp but I am not 100% with this road. Still going fast but no way can I catch up with the two in front of me. I also have lost sight of Wizz954 in my mirrors. He did get caught up by a guy on a Harley that was putting his foot down in corners. I bet the Harley guy didn’t want to scratch his footpegs. Hehehehe. Lots of bikes going back the other way. Most going fast. One guy on a new black R1 flew past. He was right into it.

25NOVSRrun008.jpg

Soon we are at Stanwell Tops. Heaps of bikes gather here. Today is no exception. All types and sizes of bikes come and go. 250s with fresh L plates riding with mates on 600s. Harleys cruise in. GXRs and R1s head off into the RNP. I much prefer the RNP over the Old Pacific. It is longer and the road is so much better surface wise. None of those wiggly fresh tarmac lines in the cracks on the RNP road that are so slippery. The RNP is narrower and can take a new rider unawares with some of the blind corners. But it does not have that stupid 50kmh speed limit that the Old Pac has.
After a break and a look at the beautiful scenery we head further south to the Scarborough Hotel at Scarborough. This hotel was opened in 1887. It over looks the ocean and has been restored inside and out. It is a great place to sit and chat and have a drink after a good ride.

25NOVSRrun009.jpg

After cake and drinks we head off for home via Bulli Pass. That’s when we come upon the push bike riders. They are on some form of official ride. There are so many of them all over the road. I see one pull up next to Curly and Milkman while we are riding though one of the villages. He is keeping pace with them. What?!. A break in the oncoming traffic sees us overtake a big bunch of them and off we go. Up Bulli Pass and onto the Freeway heading north for Sydney. Wizz954 had to get home fast so we all decided to head for home too. The Freeway is boring as usual. It’s just there to get you from A to B quickly. Wizz954 is off in the distance. Heathcote Rd comes up. A wave to the other 2 guys and turn off down Heathcote Rd. All too soon I am back mixing it with suburban traffic and am home.
I enjoyed today’s ride. All 3 of the guys are very good riders and I enjoyed riding with them. I was able to push myself today and know that I still have heaps to learn after all these years about my riding skills. I think I need to do the RNP a few more times and learn this road.
Telstra when do I get the SMS from wizz954 with the meeting info. He sent it last night and I still have not received it.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Choice!!! :so:so
Sounds like a great day out, thanks for the pics, too!! :glu
But no pics of a nice SR?
Had one in the early 80s...wish I never sold it (then again, wish I never sold any of the bikes that've graced the garage) :bs

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
Choice!!! :so:so
Sounds like a great day out, thanks for the pics, too!! :glu
But no pics of a nice SR?
Had one in the early 80s...wish I never sold it (then again, wish I never sold any of the bikes that've graced the garage) :bs

I had a SR 18 years ago. I was glad I got rid of it back then. Wish I had one now.

Top Bottom