Spazzy Tassie '14...aka...The Lake Leake Chronicles

Eagle-lady

Getting the hang of it
Along the way to Cockle Creek.

Tassie14_0355.JPG

Tassie14_0356.JPG

Tassie14_0357.JPG
Cockle creek is still as beautiful as it was when I was a kid.
Best crayfish and abalone out in those oceans.
My mum and her mum and grandmother camped there as kids.
My families ancestors built the road into cockle creek, worked the coal mind that use to be on the way into cockle. (They are also the Geeves that Geeveston was named after.)
Majority of the shacks were owned by family, some have sold them off now.
Hope they don't ruin it too much over time.
When I was a kid there was no phone, they had to drive half way out to call for help if needed, the local shop use to come in once a week with milk and bread.
Had a ball spending all our school holidays there (back then it was 10 wks at Christmas). My sisters and cousins use to get up to trouble at times but makes us laugh now, except when my sister tried to cut the end of my finger off with a hatchet axe and mum had to mend me:killingme:killingme
Great memories, thanks for the pictures

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
except when my sister tried to cut the end of my finger off with a hatchet axe and mum had to mend me:killingme:killingme
OOOOPPPPSSS !!!

Yes, Eagle-Lady, what a nice Place!

Will visit Cockle Creek next Time, when I come to Tassie again.
With Greetings to all Your lovely Family:gday:
Hans

jo

I'm a wimp!
After Tassie with inspiration from Lake Leake and photos this trip - I'm now dreaming of a 'shack'.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
AAAAAAAAGH - So jealous!
Might have to get back in the saddle!
J

First time you're talking sense...in YEARS :bt:thumbs:
Great to see you keep popping through the door, mate :scull:

except when my sister tried to cut the end of my finger off with a hatchet axe....

Forget the Geeves...that sounds like "The Vikings"!!

Will visit Cockle Creek next Time, when I come to Tassie again.

:whistle::whistle: Cat's outta the bag, now...

After Tassie with inspiration from Lake Leake and photos this trip - I'm now dreaming of a 'shack'.

:sick::sick::bs

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Plenty of visitors on the new caravan park just outside Huonville where we finish up after a fruitless search for some pub-beds, not realizing that it’s a public holiday long-weekend and “we’re only 20 mins from Hobart CBD, mate”

Tassie14_0325.JPG

20 minutes?! Bloody hell that guy must know a short cut cause it takes nearly twice that!

Least that's what I thought

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
20 minutes?! Bloody hell that guy must know a short cut cause it takes nearly twice that!

Least that's what I thought

Good shot, innit? It's got that "whadda YOU doin' here??" poise to it :bs
Yeah, 20 min...it's what we were told by the locals....but most of them were full of beer or cider...ergo...full'o shit!:icon-maffick-: Except that "New Caravan Park" bit....that actually checked out :D

Man....got a cracker coming up....that Bruny day produced some STUMPERS!! :glu:glu

Top Bottom