8 days in the Aussie outback...

L

Leon

For those who PM'd me the photos were down, they appear to be back now so you can finish reading! :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Tks mate...goes to show that even if posts seem to vanish off the top15 list, there's still plenty of interest.

V

vbstubby

Great report - thanks for the pics

So how does the KLE go?? Was on my shortlist before the KLR due to twin and six speed box but at 180kg's and a bit too much to damage when dropped I didn't end up riding one.

Thanks in advance

S

shane9221

It is a great report Leon and Melissa, I did read it earlier just after you posted it but sad to say I did not have broadband to admire the photos, only now on a friends comp have I seen. It is a great adventure I wish I was there maybe next time. Keep them coming.

:chug:

Shane9221

P

Phoenix1

Hey Leon
Is the road from Greenvale to Normanton still dirt?
Liked your story. I used to shoot up on the gilbert river north of Normanton years back, of course the road to Normanton was just dirt, hidden potholes and bulldust.
Am considering taking a bike around oz and deliberating the type. Was your good ladies a KLR650? IF is what are her/your impressions of the bike and did it have a comfortable fuel range?
Thanks in advance
laurie

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hey Leon
Is the road from Greenvale to Normanton still dirt?
Liked your story. I used to shoot up on the gilbert river north of Normanton years back, of course the road to Normanton was just dirt, hidden potholes and bulldust.
Am considering taking a bike around oz and deliberating the type. Was your good ladies a KLR650? IF is what are her/your impressions of the bike and did it have a comfortable fuel range?
Thanks in advance
laurie

Hi Laurie

Sorry for barging in here....but sadly we haven't heard from Leon for quite some time. Tried to contact him without luck, too.
His bike was a KLE500 IIRC, and as far as I know/ remember, they never had fuel issues, she also seemed to like the bike a lot.
As to the road in question, I couldn't help...but hard to imagine that that stretch would warrant the cost of construction, given the comparatively low traffic volume.

For for the "what type of bike for a lap of the map"....I'll keep quiet on that score (for the time being anyway :bs).
Wanna make that a separate thread? Others might be interested in the responses as well...

Top Bottom