[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

nev

Super Térrarist
thanks for the pic, i wondered what those falls looked like. Sir Francis led us up there one day, but we lacked the enthusiasm to get off the bikes.

thanks for the pic, i wondered what those falls looked like. Sir Francis led us up there one day, but we lacked the enthusiasm to get off the bikes.

As well as the falls themselves there is another place called the Amphitheatre which is another waterfall on the actual Toorongo river. The walk is sort of triangular with the two falls and the car park at the corners. About 2.5km right around.

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Glen preparing to make a cuppa. That Stroms going nowhere. :oops:

March 2014 Tasmania

P1040185-X2.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
That Stroms going nowhere. :oops:

March 2014 Tasmania

No, it certainly wasn't!!
Where the hell did you dig that one up?

GREAT pic...that beach-run was a cracker....the WHOLE day was a cracker!!
Didn't that turn into the "Charley, it's FAR&ED!!" -day?

:killingme:chug:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
No, it certainly wasn't!!
Where the hell did you dig that one up?

Didn't that turn into the "Charley, it's FAR&ED!!" -day?

I was beached in front of him on my Strom. :oops:

And yes it was the day we meet Charlie Boorman under slightly embarrassing circumstances ( For Him )

Oh Derek... do you think it's blown a seal??? :killingme

P1040195-X2.jpg

The rider of the GS was standing on the pegs as he crested the hill into Strahan.

As he sat down his throttle hand moved with his body, thus gassing up the big GS.

With a chirp from the back wheel and a split second later he was embedded in the chain mesh fence, after knocking a hole in the cylinder head as the big girl crested the kerb at full throttle. ( Sideways )

Charlie was going to chopper in some parts from god knows where...but this was terminal!

Last we saw the luckless chap was pushing the GS through Strahan and to it's final resting place outside the pub. :credit:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Charlie was going to chopper in some parts from god knows where...

Sure. :doh:
For a just-released, brandnew WaterBoxer that group had picked up a few days prior in Melbourne. And here they were at the whoopwhoop-end of Tassie.

I felt somewhat sorry about the poor Pommie-tourist (white as a sheet with embarrassment and shock) who'd beached the thing, decked out in his $3000 Touratech/ BM gear obviously especially bought for the "Great Tassie Adventure with Charley"...still giggling about thew whole thing now.

Charleys all-fixing/ all-soothing: "...we'll get the parts overnight from Hobart!!" while turned halfways towards his ransom$$-paying customer...
immediately followed by Crusty's laconic: " she's farked" ... while laying on the ground looking at the damage.
One of the best moments in my motorcycling years, no question :killingme:killingme

Top Bottom