Alpine_Colours_2013...or ...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Back at work and surrounded by the usual pile of leftovers, aftermath, filthy gear and "gotta-fix-it" stuff , it very much feels like "the film is still running"...oh man, what a 5 days it's been.
slobber.gif

alp_color13_000.JPG

Some backblocks-bouncing straight up, skirting Cardinia Reservoir to the south and via some newfound tie-ins through Gembrook and Tonimbuk for a 5km freeway stint, that was promptly watched over by the boys-in-blue and their favourite collection-toys.
1. heartattack for poor, old Fuzzy with his last remaining point on the license...

alp_color13_001.JPG

More backroads on the way to Bairnsdale, the old Lindenow Bridge

alp_color13_002.JPG

alp_color13_003.JPG

A compulsory stop in Bruthen for “a little one”....

alp_color13_003a.JPG

...with Ants trying to get it over and done with early, putting the Strom to sleep on the main drag.

Followed by Fuzzy 20k's down the road getting read the Riot Act by one hell of a nice Constable just before the Bruthen turn-off. Christ, talk about lucky!!
bowdown.gif

Buchan Valley

alp_color13_004.JPG

The Buchan Motel is now run by the pub....and has PRIME location, crowning above town with glorious views...and an ADV-style driveway to boot!
glubsch.gif

alp_color13_004a.JPG

Ant doesn’t believe a word she’s saying
icon_eek.gif
...shootin’ the shyte with Bruthen’s Power Brew

alp_color13_005.JPG

alp_color13_006.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
There’s a great day brewing....first light above the valley
drool.gif

alp_color13_008.JPG

alp_color13_009.JPG

A little look around the place...

alp_color13_010.JPG

It's still quiet at the "Smelly-Socks-Hilton"...

alp_color13_011.JPG

alp_color13_012.JPG

A short snoop around Buchan town while breakfast cooks at the Café

alp_color13_013.JPG

alp_color13_013a.JPG

alp_color13_013b.JPG

Before I forget....the bumpy, old singlelaner to Orbost has had a MAJOR upgrade and is now, wotchamacallit?...fully yoghurt-tub-compliant. Screw “progress”...

alp_color13_015.JPG

alp_color13_014.JPG

alp_color13_016.JPG

alp_color13_017.JPG

alp_color13_018.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Buchan news on ABC-AM-stereo....one of those each side of the shop.
mwink.gif
mwink.gif

alp_color13_019.JPG

alp_color13_020.JPG

And we’re out the northern end of town towards the hills...

alp_color13_021.JPG

alp_color13_022.JPG

alp_color13_023.JPG

Some SAD
icon_sad.gif
news at Seldom Seen put a bit of a damper on things.
The iconic old joint is wasting away in a hurry, rapidly turning into an unofficial dump for hard-rubbish.

alp_color13_025b.JPG

....not that it changes much, but at least there were the 2 old-timers around.
Both of ‘em were never shy of a drink or ten, and ANYTHING drinkable at that....but one of them seems to have taken things a little far lately.

alp_color13_025c.JPG

alp_color13_024.JPG

alp_color13_025a.JPG

Got some great memories of the place, rolling up on a 40+C day, hoping for a drink, anything, really....and being offered the dregs of the aluminium beer barrel from the party the night before, gleaming and steaming away in the stinking hot sunshine outside the dunny-sized "office" of the joint.
Was off my feet within 20 minutes, talked drunken shit for an hour, refused the offer of a front seat-sleep in one of the car-wrecks around the yard, climbed on the bike and wobbled down the Barry Way into Suggan Buggan, not remembering a single second of it.

Farewell, mate...you're now enjoying the biggest brewery of all!

CamStrom

Tear along dotted line!
Love that invite. BYO what? Caustic?

As always Pete, another round of awsome piccies.

Thanks for sharing.

Cam

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Still going through photos. Have marked out 54 as good uns so far!

Just like to thank all involved for a kick arse five days riding. Awesome riding, amazing country and fantastic company.

Special thanks to Pete and Goodie for organising the ride and providing exceptional mechanical support, 'Scrooge' Mc Spock for his fantastic efforts as banker, and to Ant for providing the comedy highlight of the ride on day five.

Also special thanks to the lady copper who allowed me to keep my solitary point on my licence!

goodie

Just like to thank all involved for a kick arse five days riding. Awesome riding, amazing country and fantastic company.

Special thanks to Pete and Goodie for organising the ride and providing exceptional mechanical support, 'Scrooge' Mc Spock for his fantastic efforts as banker, and to Ant for providing the comedy highlight of the ride on day five.

Also special thanks to the lady copper who allowed me to keep my solitary point on my licence!

+ 1
Since we are thanking each other here - I'd like to put in another special thanks to Mark for his superb nuts which he offered us so freely :wink:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Love that invite. BYO what? Caustic?

As always Pete, another round of awsome piccies.

Thanks for sharing.

Cam

Bloody shame, that place going to the dogs. Lots of good memories and laughs were had up there. Lots more pics to come :chug:

Still going through photos. Have marked out 54 as good uns so far!

Mate, it's been great to have you along again, always good fun.

Yo, big kudos to the Spokster for keeping the books balanced and bargain some extra_$ along the way to keep the beer-kiddie topped up.:clap::clap:

Ant? Antz Pantz, man !!:so:so

Hope you've got the address of that copper at the Buchan turn-off.... some flowers might be in order.:whistle::whistle:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
+ 1
Since we are thanking each other here - I'd like to put in another special thanks to Mark for his superb nuts which he offered us so freely :wink:

Its amazing how much a handful or two of Fuzzy's Nuts keeps you going during the day

For anyone actually wondering what Fuzzy's Nuts look like...

DSC00877-10.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Its amazing how much a handful or two of Fuzzy's Nuts keeps you going during the day

For anyone actually wondering what Fuzzy's Nuts look like...

DSC00877-10.jpg

Oh, thank goodness! I was not getting a very good mental image of what "Fuzzy Nuts" might have been :looney:

Top Bottom