A Touch Of Quebec (Canada)

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Poor moose. :(
He looks too good to be road kill. I guess they hunt them and eat them?
Or maybe he was a naughty moose and they're giving him the rack torture. He looks stretched out like he's on the rack.

Re the paint on the ferry. I still see rust coming through. It probably gets painted every year and it builds up.

You sure do like your water beads eh Pete.

That old house looks like the Ettamogah pub near Albury.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
That old house looks like the Ettamogah pub near Albury.

Only that it was a real one, not a tourist-gimmick.
Don't know...it just looked like it should "get a hug" , or something...

The moose...just an unlucky one to run into a local AK47, I guess W-):bs
They're as good on the bbq as elk or deer, had some moose-steaks lateron in Colorado, good stuff!:thumbs:

Those water beads on the ferry were the only interesting thing around at the time...the thick fog killed everything else.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hope you took a photo. I love cooking and seeing new stuff inspires me.

No more food shots for this yarn, I think...landed in some strange middle-of-no where-farm in Colorado which turned out a net-based frozen meat distribution business and bought some elk/ moose/ venison for that night's bbq...beautiful stuff, but also :dollars::dollars:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
While the southern bank of the St. Lawrence is more utilitarian, flat, industrial and populated, the northern side has the mountain ranges rising straight out of the waters....and with that all sorts of attractions.

Drifting south-west towards Quebec City, this turned into the "North-Shore-Explorer".....from stunning lookouts to local "latterie-fromagerie" (dairy/cheese) places with that strong smell of raw milk getting processed to ski-resorts starting 50m from the edge of the mighty river to a cute and tiny railway line running often barely 3ft above the waterline, gigantic waterfalls mid-city and breathtaking gorges with foaming feeder-rivers.....and thousands of steps to control those cholesterol levels following all the cheeses for lunch.
And all that in a single run towards Quebec City !!

Maaan, what a place !! :glu:clap::glu

A quick map here: https://goo.gl/maps/3TRcB4nqF9w

All next to eachother and down the main street:
Heritage Potpourri at La Malbaie....a dose of French!

US2016_0224.JPG

Some New England

US2016_0225.JPG

...a bit of English Colonial
(with some local "saint-ey" bit in the background to keep things in balance) :wink:

US2016_0226.JPG

Love this one...

US2016_0227.JPG

...whereas this one taxes the old-fart-memory-retention a bit...

US2016_0228.JPG

The little Petite Riviere Saint Francois not just offers lots of picturesque spots right at the waters edge...

US2016_0229.JPG

...but also the road ends against some massive hills and rock-faces just at the end of town. And then there's this: :eek::shock:

US2016_0230.JPG

...which starts right down here:

US2016_0231.JPG

...and there's that little coastal train line from Quebec City dropping off the skiers right next door. Le Train De Charlevoix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1oxRAT5-7o

US2016_0232.JPG

...for a bit of this

:glu:glu

(next 2 shots are linked to commercial sites)

Le-Massif-122317.jpg

slide_2.jpg

That northern bank is certainly full of surprises....and plenty more to come!!

goodie

Poor moose. :(
He looks too good to be road kill. I guess they hunt them and eat them?
Or maybe he was a naughty moose and they're giving him the rack torture. He looks stretched out like he's on the rack.

I had to take that photo - the only shot of a real moose, even if it wasn't so lively anymore....
No live moose, no bears, no mountain lions.. (anyway - not on this trip..)

BUT, we saw... naaw, I don't want to jump the gun - that was later on, in Colorado.

Williamson

Part of the furniture

Daughter-in-law doesn't me referring to road kill, it might upset the grand kids (now 5 yo and 8 yo), it's better to say the animal is having a nap.

One day the younger one said to his Mum something along the lines, that wombat shouldn't sleep on the road, it's dangerous, a truck might come along and squash it.

Top Bottom