Mt Barrow Tassie

Canary

Long Timer
OMG :eek: Robbie,
I feel sick just looking at that road.

The memories of Jacobs Ladder come back to haunt me. By the way, thanks heaps for riding Barry down Jacobs Ladder for me. :cdle

I enjoyed the walk and can probably say that I am one of the few who rode up it and walked down it. :lol:

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
OMG :eek: Robbie,
I feel sick just looking at that road.

The memories of Jacobs Ladder come back to haunt me. By the way, thanks heaps for riding Barry down Jacobs Ladder for me. :cdle

I enjoyed the walk and can probably say that I am one of the few who rode up it and walked down it. :lol:

I was riding up that with a huge grin on my face, first time I've been up there, and the thrill of riding a road I've never been on ever, and exploring a new spot was awesome.
You did a great job to get yourself up Jacobs, Trace. Not the circumstances I was expecting to get my first wee strom ride but it was a pleasure to be able to help out.:so

Hytram

<-- now went that way
I did it in Jan, it really makes Ben Lomond look like a walk in the park....

I loved the lower section too with dense tree cover and the hair pins

Its not for the faint hearted or K76s but its really worth it

Canary

Long Timer
I was riding up that with a huge grin on my face, first time I've been up there, and the thrill of riding a road I've never been on ever, and exploring a new spot was awesome.
You did a great job to get yourself up Jacobs, Trace. Not the circumstances I was expecting to get my first wee strom ride but it was a pleasure to be able to help out.:so

Yeah, I suppose considering I am scared of heights. I was too frightened to turn around so had to keep riding up. Things were different though riding back down, and I freaked out. :oops:

So I guess when we come back to Tassie with the bikes I will be giving that road a miss too. :D

I'd like to go back to Weldborough Inn though, they were lovely people who owned it and we all sort of settled in there. :chug: Was lovely and peaceful, apart from the fighting possums in the middle of the night. :wink: Should not have put bread around your tent Robbie. :whistle:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
That's the one, mate!!
Just for an alternative to get to the Ben Lomond/ Upper Blessington areas.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I did it in Jan, it really makes Ben Lomond look like a walk in the park....
I loved the lower section too with dense tree cover and the hair pins

Certainly sounds good.
It's on the list for next time...

I'd like to go back to Weldborough Inn though....

.....as is this one.
Yo, liked the place too....and will go back.

There's lots more to see and do in the north-east.
There's also supposed to be a cross-cut from Gladstone Rd. via Tebrakunna Rd. and New England Link Rd. and south onto the Tasman Hwy again, climbing 3 different ridges....and Lottah Rd., which runs Moorina-Goshen, north of the A3 and out the back of Weldborough.

Then Deddington to Storeys Creek (back of Rossarden).

Little Tassie, aye?
It needs a lifetime or 2 of discovery... :glu:glu

Top Bottom