From Pop-Gun To Top-Gun :-)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Some unfinished business...

When you're given an application form for a Seniors-Card for your birthday you KNOW something drastic has changed, right? :doh:
When on the same birthday you're given a voucher for a joy-flight over the Yarra Valley involving, maybe, some "stick-time"....YOU'LL GRASP IT WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!!

Thanks to the Net, Paypal and all those "Nerd-lies", things can be arranged from as far away as San Fran/ California and it looks like daughter and son-in-law have the old-fart pegged fair + square :clap: :thumbs:

COME, FLY WITH ME!!

A brooding, hot Monday morning near Yarra Glen...

TopGun_01.JPG

Let's get the show started, piece of cake, eh?

TopGun_02.JPG

"Checkin' the dip-stick, yer dipstick!!"

TopGun_04.JPG

Actually...I've never seen Mt. Dandenong from above....

TopGun_05.JPG

Meet Angus....NOT THAT Angus!!!...just Angus. 20-something, VTR250-riding Angus, Pilot-Angus.
Awesome Angus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eoBWZp64s

" Repairable write-off, you said?"

TopGun_M_03.JPG

So, whaddayareckon...a fresh layer of gaffer-tape?

TopGun_M_07.JPG

"Last guy buckled the front leg a bit..."
Angus got all the answers, yo :so:bs

TopGun_M_09.JPG

"And that's your seat!" W-)

TopGun_M_10.JPG

"Can we talk about those switches and controls a bit more?..."

TopGun_M_12.JPG

"Get in, yer sook..."

TopGun_M_14.JPG

TopGun_M_15.JPG

tbc

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Re: From Pop-Gun To Top-Gun

Ya got me excited with the heading, I thought it was gunna be a story about how you upgraded from the Zook to a Mighty Honda......

Just as well it's not a voice activated seat, otherwise you would've heard, "One at a time, please".

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Ya got me excited with the heading, I thought it was gunna be a story about how you upgraded from the Zook to a Mighty Honda......

Just as well it's not a voice activated seat, otherwise you would've heard, "One at a time, please".

:upyrs: :bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Man, this is tight in here...it's like 2 in a bathtub, only sideways :whistle:
The little Jabiru bunny-hops down the paddock...
" Just use the foot-pedals to use the rudder to make it between those 2 yellow cones there...the propeller backwash will do the rest".

Jeez...that actually works!!:eek: Let's find some more cones, eh? :)
This is easy, hurray!

We're running out of paddock way to soon (there goes the fun!), time for a 180 to point the nose down the runway...

The little mosquito starts to buzz, rattle and shake as Angus 'puts the foot down" and tells me to stay the hell away from all those tempting switches, levers, pedals and center-mounted stick.
30 seconds later we're in the air....ohhh, THIS is what I was looking for, the whole of the Yarra Valley at my feet.

"Which direction you wanna go?"
"Over there...is that Healesville?"
"Yo....ah, she's all yours now, just keep the nose up, we're still climbing!"

WTF?? :wot::wot:

" Just remember...left foot, left stick....baaaank + tuuuurn!!
Nice and smooth, aye? And keep the revs up and the stick back a little...just point at Mt. St. Leonard, attaboy!!"

Junior over there is shittin' me, right?
NAW!! He's getting his paperwork and pen out, hands and feet off everything :bang:

Oh maaan...that crate is mine, now!! :eek:
What'd he say? Left rudder, stick to the left and back a little, revs above 3000..., watch the altimeter!!
BAAANKK + TUUUURN!! How smooth was that? :clap::clap:
Now the other side!! YEAAAAHHH!!!
(the quick glance across still sees the boss filling out his forms...things must be going ok, I guess...no vomit, no worries, aye?)

Piecacake, this flying stuff....:thumbs:

Looking across to Mt. Dandy...

TopGun_06.JPG

Just past Yarra Glen, and there's Pauls Lane. I'll never forget Crusty getting us up there onto that knoll, then sliding down sideways on the DishRack with an ever-mounting wall of red mud piling higher and higher down that steep southern side.
Looks totally harmless from up here!

Berwick, Rosebud, Arthurs Seat in the hazy distance....

TopGun_07.JPG

Then the nose dips...the bank angle is past 30deg and the G's start building....Mt. St. Leonard starts to get close and personal...the revs are down and Healesville has dropped off the screen.
How was it again? Right foot, right stick, full revs and slowly pull the nose up....or somethun like that. Nice and smooth....and this time at an ear-popping 45deg angle :thumbs:

This flying stuff is just awesome!! Get a few basics together, look and FEEL how things move.... and you can actually just about manage to keep this thing sailing as long as long as it's a calm, sunny day and someone else does the hard yards of getting this tub launched and landed. :eek:mmpa::eek:mmpa:

I'm getting hooked!!:slobb

KingStrom

Long Timer

Lookout Goodie, watch Pete doesn't start searching ebay for a WTF Cessna project....LOL!!!

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long

Hey... what a story!

Wind calm.
Visibility until the horizon....
Temps??

Best conditions and perfect day for a pleasent Flight with the Jabiru -160!

Happy Landings :gday:

Top Bottom