Banditrider's Pootles

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looks like another awesome loop.

This
In the end I tackled the gravel of McBeth Road, Levett Line, Beaconsfield Valley and Waituna Tapuae Roads before finally hitting the Peep-O-day Road turn-off and ignoring it to take Upper Pakihikura Road.
kept me busy with Google maps for a while, which is always dangerous, as that sort of morphs into the Taranaki, then the Waikato etc. and bang, it's midnight again
:whistle:

Thanks for the yarns and pics, it must be an awesome time over there now without all the tourist kerfuffle blocking up roads and places.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Mate...if there EVER was a time for that, it'll be this summer.

Most certainly there won't be any Euros or Yanks of any colour this time around.

Indulge and enjoy, it won't get any better than that!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

That East Takaka Rd. looks a pearler

IMG_0181.JPG

....and Port Underwood on the return to the boat, sounds like another great ride.

Stunning shots, mate :clap:

banditrider

Long Timer
East Takaka is just too short - only about 6km of gravel. Some nice views across the valley though.

Port Underwood is a nice little ride - corners for Africa and the little bays you go through are really nice on a good day. The wind was freezing and see choppy - pics would have looked crap.

The 250 is a hoot and it's as reliable as a rock while using no gas. I still would like a 450-500cc version built with the same sort of parameters: low maintenance and reliable with a 350km range...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
East Takaka is just too short - only about 6km of gravel. Some nice views across the valley though.

Always better than the main road, which is a bit straight-ish around there, from memory.

I still would like a 450-500cc version built with the same sort of parameters: low maintenance and reliable with a 350km range...

...and it would sell its head off!:thumbs:

Top Bottom