Run Tiger Run

nev

Super Térrarist
Nice work finding Garry's old house. Even when I walk around the streets where I grew up in Melbourne, where my parents still live, sometimes they seem so foreign to me. My father grew up in Gladstone St, Orbost, but no doubt long before Garry's time, but moved to Melbourne in the early 1940s.

I see the pub accommodation in Adaminaby hasn't changed much. We went there in 2008, Jo and I, Glitch & Goodie and Marty. From memory I think we were quoted $45/person. We ate a meal there, then we went about 10km out of town to Snowy Mountain Alpine Cabins which do most of their business during the ski season. We were their only guests for the night and scored a 3 bedroom cabin for $105.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Underway by 7am as we figured the roads would be more fun if ridden before they melted.

We pretty much had them to ourselves. :glu

A quick detour to play tourist.

Adv bike royalty.

Fuzzy and I stopped in to see if we could get MORE POWER! :rofl:

A fantastic ride across the Elliot Way before breakfast with some bears.

Fuzzy was presented with a bacon/egg roll he couldn’t jump over.

It became oppressively hot towards Jingellic and continued around the 40 deg all the way to Mansfield.

So far on this trip, I had to take action to avoid a kookaburra, several 4WDs on my sided of the road, a goanna, gravel patches and sections of road that had melted. Towards the Powers Lookout turn-off, I encountered a first in 25 years of riding – a gumtree dropped a massive branch when I was about 60m away. It hit the road blocking the left lane just as I arrived – good thing I was already on the other side of the road! :eek:

We said our good-byes at Yea. :thumbs:

Trip distance: 1,615 km

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Thanks for organizing the ride Tim, and to to Glen and Garry for the excellent company. I had a blast.

Garry and Tim

Tim, Glen and Garry kicking back in Orbost

Tim and Garry on top of a mountain

This didnt advantage the Tigers as much as we hoped

Three amigos and Snowy Power

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Underway by 7am as we figured the roads would be more fun if ridden before they melted.

Good move...with temps like that.
Sure looks like you guys had a cracker of a time, bummer that Glenn had to leave that early.
Under 2000k's for a rear donut? :doh::doh:
Thanks for the yarn and pics....and it might've been the last time you've done the Bonang before the new speed limits kick in, too. :chug:

MGS12_8V

Getting the hang of it
Good report gents and thanks for the company one and all. :clap: I knew Gary's tyre didn't stand a whelks's chance in a super nova of completing the last day if Tim's call of 3 sets of Spurs back to back was anything to go by.

My return trip was more sedate and regardless of how far South I went, the heat was stifling so I decided to head for the ferry with its aircon and bar. This made the last 40 or so Ks amongst the throng of beach goers less painful. :bang:

Looking forward to the odd Western trip in 2013. Even if I have to arrange it. But first, Taswegia. They're having a hell of a time at present so some tourist dollars might help.

Top Bottom