Where the Hell am I?

farawayman

Long Timer
It all started about 14 months ago, over coffee, a suggestion was made for a ride. Not just a ride day, or even a weekender, but a real ride. A destination was suggested and the maps came out, a route was planned and leave passes obtained.
The waiting commenced.

The group grew, some dropped out others joined.
I wasn’t happy with the route, I had ridden those roads before. There was another road that ran more or less parallel so I suggested a change, a less travelled road, with interesting things to see. More of a challenge, a road with history, and one with views that I had not seen.
My suggestion was met with scorn, not even given due thought. I even offered to help them fit knobbies, but was told it was not to be.

So I told them I would meet them at the Rock and save me a drink.

The rain caught me just over the Slide, hail, before I got to Yea, I sipped a coffee and watched the weather map on my phone. I wondered if it was too early to get a room. I pushed on, through the freezing showers, heading north and warmer places, I hoped.

Ouyen Pub

farawayman

Long Timer
It was still cold and wet. I wanted to explore the Flinders Ranges a little but with this rain . . .
. . . perhaps I should rethink it a little. Decided to spend the night at Orroroo with memories of a great steak in the pub there some years ago. That pub now looked rundown a couple of old Junker cars out the front, so I turned around to go back to the other pub. A footy fundraiser was on, several wheel barrows with ice and drinks where being pushed around the town. This pub was crowed, I couldn’t get in the door let alone get to the bar to ask about a room.
Quorn may be quieter, better to think and plan what I should do. Looks like my plans are coming apart.

Just out of Quorn SA

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Oh Yeah!! :clap:

Brilliant start, mate...this is shaping up very nicely.
More, please

Top Bottom