[QLD] Upper Mary Valley forests and national parks

P

pragnasty

gday
well i decided to spend my anzac day long weekend exploring the Upper Mary Valley forests and national parks of qld just and hour north of brisbane

arrived into aramoor national park at 8pm after a 3hr ride up from the gold coast...
stopping only briefly to get lost and take this snap of the sun setting over the blackall range
100_1727.jpg

well after a beautifully greasy burger (greasier than my chain) i set up camp in the dark at aramoor national park, in the cedar grove camping area....
woke up early and attempted the 4.6km hiking trail in the park and came up with results like this
100_1735.jpg

nice ay?

100_1739.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1729.jpg

fantastic ay? nice country but couldnt take the bike with me... :roll:

made my way though imbil and out west to borumba dam....
100_1757.jpg

very cool... lots of boats out on the water another good place to camp
100_1759.jpg

attempted to set up camp in the kennilworth NAT. park with me being all smart and prebooking over the internet, set out to boolumba creek camping area without reading that some creek crossing will be covered by water.. i thought no worries , she'll be right
creek crossing 1, and i thought eaasy
100_1762.jpg

however this one i wasnt even going to attempt
100_1760.jpg

i really need a dual sport motorbike......{or a barge}......

so i settled on camping at charlie moreland camping area, and settled in to a afternoon of doing SFA

but i did put in some effort and attempted the forest drive where i encountered this
100_1765.jpg

100_1766.jpg

did i mention i really need a dual sport motorbike??? :shock: :shock:
left early in the morning the following day
100_1768.jpg

at about this time i noticed the lack of tension on the chain , due to all the hooning on the dirt roads

100_1772.jpg

so i gace up and headed home along the SWEETEST bitumen qld roads ever laid.....

the kennilworth tourist drive .....
which connects kennilworth to maleny
80kms sweepers set to a backdrop of pastoral hills, sweet sweet fresh air... and nothing but the drone of ducatis and the whine of rhonda
this road is pretty popular with motorbikes and there was no shortage of them anzac morning....
a definate must if you ever head this way...
i didnt really open her up due to the fact that my chain would probably detach itself and wrap around my leg at any given chance,, so it was a very sedate pace.. even so... i couldnt even draw myself to stop to take a photo... which wouldnt do it justice anyway!!!! :p

i did however stop to take these pearlers just to give you any idea of what you missed out on..
100_1779.jpg

100_1780.jpg

life is good

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
pragnasty said:
gday
well i decided to spend my anzac day long weekend exploring the Upper Mary Valley forests and national parks of qld just and hour north of brisbane

life is good

Lucky lucky bastard! Yes you are long overdue for an all roads mount! That chain was very gnarly...you are lucky to make it back!! Nice camp sites :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
And another superb one !!
Fantastic stuff and a great weekend (well...sorta) by the looks of it.
It REALLY starts to look like you need a "chookie".

L

Leon

Prag I love your ride reports!

I used to live and ride in SE Qld, so many great places and fantastic bike roads within such a short distance. I live in NQ now and the riding is a bit limited (which is why I bought a DS bike). Reading your reports just makes me long to move back to the SE corner!

Keep 'em comin'!

farawayman

Long Timer
Leon said:
Prag I love your ride reports!

I used to live and ride in SE Qld, so many great places and fantastic bike roads within such a short distance. I live in NQ now and the riding is a bit limited (which is why I bought a DS bike). Reading your reports just makes me long to move back to the SE corner!

Keep 'em comin'!

Great report
I also used to live just out of Brisbane (a life time ago) and have been to a lot of these places by car. It makes me want to go back and visit again. I also need a duel sport bike, just a few things to sort out first.

Top Bottom