Had a little ride today with Squizzy!

Moyston

Getting the hang of this.
Had a nice little ride today ....:bt
Got a call from Squizzy this morning about 1030am...blah blah blah...ok see ya at 11.00am.

Im not sure were we went as it was a very basic ride and see were we go sort of thing...but up steels rd and into and around tolangi and up round murrundindi. Few trail bikes going in and around Toolangi. Roads were slippery and Ian did have a poo poo moment, but all good, thats when we stopped to see which way we were going and did a u turn as took the wrong road..was a goodie thou!..

I think Black range Forest as well, ..no map for me!, just follow the leader..and down to Healesville for a cuppa at that Moto One cafe and then home. all up about 4 hrs and just over 140klms..

It didn't rain, the roads were wet and great...and snow..Wasn't cold , not with heated grips i might add :clap:...and we actually did get a part riding through the section of it actually snowing on us!..:thun

haven't worked out how to put video on yet...another time ...but no spills, which is always good..had fun..nice to get out...

a few 4wd hamming it up in the snow....

went to the Beech worth bakery , but to many so went back to the Moto one cafe, no one in, we thought it was closed. The walls are full of pics and trophys, but its very early days and he is slowly adding mementos to make a go at it. Would prefer to go there now if passing through, help them out...
this guy pulled up as we were leaving all set up...nice bike and all the gizmos you cld possibly put on..

But it was a good squirt....
moto1cafe_zpsf2f12d92.jpg

snowroad_zpse4bd68f2.jpg

road_zps7dac425c.jpg

Last edited:

zol.

bazmeg
tsk tsk, I went for a ride as well, you guys should of posted!

I went to Flying Tarts/Sugarloaf

IMG_20130721_133227_zps397fa7a8.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
What a contrast :eek:....one lot around Toolangi/Murrundindi, all in the fog, wet, white stuff dripping off the ferns and trees, getting snowed on.....while the other has blue skies, sunshine, damp but grippy stuff and great views only a few k's further to the west...possibly 20k's apart, as the crow flies.
Bowden or Bald Spur?
The day certainly turned out a surprise after all that rain on Saturday and a forecast for more of the same for Sunday.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
I hope they have laid down some gravel on Sylvia Creek Road. It was an ice rink after the grading last time I was there.

zol.

bazmeg
I went down Beale Ave. At Flying Tarts it was drizzly/cold and overcast around 7deg, where I took the photo it was 12deg so it was only a few k's apart.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I went down Beale Ave. At Flying Tarts it was drizzly/cold and overcast around 7deg, where I took the photo it was 12deg so it was only a few k's apart.

OK, the 3. choice then....keep forgetting that thing.
Yeah, the Kinglake ridge is a bit of a volatile place.
Whatever weather is going to hit Melbourne, it hits up there first, and hard, and wonky. Had some ferocious winds and gusts for those semi-exposed 10 k's along theridge.... with a nice, gentle breeze for the rest of the day.
Bloody weird. W-)

Squizzy

Long Timer
Only decided to go for a ride at around 10, it did not seem like a weekend to plan a ride. Started going up Ginter Rd into Black Range, but missed the road across to Buxton. It was about as slippery as, well you know, and then we had to turn around and ride back! Across through Murrindindi to Mt St Leonard fire tower and then down to Healesville. The Moto Cafe was very nice and they reckon they will be open 9-4 on weekends now. Some more piccies
006-M.jpg

He did not seem very happy
013-M.jpg

018-M.jpg

025-M.jpg

Heated grips were on!
027-M.jpg

026-M.jpg

zol.

bazmeg
Only decided to go for a ride at around 10, it did not seem like a weekend to plan a ride. Started going up Ginter Rd into Black Range, but missed the road across to Buxton. It was about as slippery as, well you know, and then we had to turn around and ride back! Across through Murrindindi to Mt St Leonard fire tower and then down to Healesville. The Moto Cafe was very nice and they reckon they will be open 9-4 on weekends now. Some more piccies
snip

Unorganised ones can be some of the best ones! :)
I might check out the snow this weekend then. Snow will go well with my colour coded bike.

Top Bottom