a morning run

MooN

Tour Pro
kids in school, Madame Moon at work, sun's out...

about 500m from our house, just at the endge of the village, if one so desires, the dirt begins..& I love getting the tralp off the tarmac. :endu Only easy trails cos I'm always alone & only have road tyres (anakees, which I have yet to find fault with... in the dry...)

not a very long track but it takes me conveniently through to the next village & pops out just behind the petrol station.
20120918_111503_zps238881d9.jpg

20120918_111824_zpsba3bf553.jpg

between the two villages (Augy & Champs sur yonne) there used to be a load of quarrys, these have now filled with water & have been bought or annexed by the locals for use as fishing ponds, week end cabin hideaways etc...
20120918_111748_zps27869522.jpg

20120918_111714_zps58ef20fa.jpg

at the far end the quarrying still continues
20120918_111808_zpsd48de5d0.jpg

20120918_112052_zps2ad38391.jpg

20120918_112058_zps7fc67899.jpg

Probably not supposed to go through here, but hey, if the bike fits...
20120918_112213_zps696fc50b.jpg

once back on the black stuff, & having not ridden for ages, I started having far too much fun to stop & take pics, especially since I didn't have a camera & was working with the phone, which pees me off after a while...

I did stop & get the obligatory chateau shot though, can't remember what this one is called but it's in the middle of nowhere between Lucy sur Yonne & chatel Censoir, along the canal du Nivernais...
20120918_115946_zps39189211.jpg

oh yeah, for those who haven't been paying attention, this is in rural france, the heart of Burgundy:thumbs:

photo brains, please feel free to ctitique, suggest etc re the pics (composition etc rather than image quality, I was working with a telephone:doh:)

:chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
kids in school, Madame Moon at work, sun's out...

Someone who knows how to "fix" things....I like that! :so

What a sweet little spot you live at...some dirt nearby, a castle....most probably a vineyard or brewery, too, a bakery full of Petit Four's...Gosh, you frogs are lucky basterds!!

Love it, mate!!

More, More!!:clap::clap:

MooN

Tour Pro
Someone who knows how to "fix" things....I like that! :so

What a sweet little spot you live at...some dirt nearby, a castle....most probably a vineyard or brewery, too, a bakery full of Petit Four's...Gosh, you frogs are lucky basterds!!

Love it, mate!!

More, More!!:clap::clap:

oh we've FAR more than that mate!

I'm 15 minutes from the Chablis vinyards & just an hour or so from Nuits st Georges, Beaune, mercurey etc etc, there's more chateaux within an hours ride from here than you can shake a stick at,, & the boulangeries & patisseries are chocka with loads of stuff I'm not supposed to eat...

as I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks I'll see if I can't put some more piccies up of some local rides, just to rub it in like...:thumbs:

but... I will add " the grass is always greener..."

we don't have the aussie open spaces, wildlife, the simpson desert, the kimberleys, the beaches or barbeque skills...:whistle:

:chug:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Good story and pics (by my standard anyway).

:clap:

.... we don't have the aussie open spaces ....

Well, not if this was your ride:

For some Aussies, that ride won't even get the to their front gate.

:rofl:

MooN

Tour Pro
Good story and pics (by my standard anyway).

:clap:

Well, not if this was your ride:

For some Aussies, that ride won't even get the to their front gate.

:rofl:

:bt

naah, the dirt track bit was just the short link between the two villages (not on the route nationale!) for gas, after that I didn't take any pics except the chateau.

I'm too much of a technophobe to be able to post up interactive maps & stuff but if you want to look it all up, I rode that first bit of dirt, then from champs along the river to Escolives, up throuhg Jussy to the N151, to Coulanges sur Yonne, D21 along the canal & a couple of dead end trails looking for a way over the ridge to the next valley, Licheres (the chateau is between Lucy & Licheres) Avrigny, Asnieres sous bois, Vezelay, Asquins, sermizelles, Voutenay, St Moré where, in desperation I turned round & went to Avallon to find some food cos all the little village places were shut!), I had a leisurely lunch with a good book & then just zapped home up the N6 cos I had to be home in time to get changed & be back In vermenton to pivk the kids up from school at 1/2 past 4. 150odd km I guess.

Can't ride today cos wednesday is kiddies day so I've got them & now N°1 daughter is now big enough to ride pillion, N°'s 2a & 2b are too big to fit in the top box...:whistle::looney:

Can't ride tomorrow either cos I'm off to Paris to look at a car with Madame.

friday will be spent resting in preparation for the week end, i'll try & get some pics of the trip, but as I will be kept busy just keeping up...:doh:

next week maybe :chug:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
..... first bit of dirt, then from champs along the river to Escolives, up throuhg Jussy to the N151, to Coulanges sur Yonne, D21 along the canal & a couple of dead end trails looking for a way over the ridge to the next valley, Licheres (the chateau is between Lucy & Licheres) Avrigny, Asnieres sous bois, Vezelay, Asquins, sermizelles, Voutenay, St Moré where, in desperation I turned round & went to Avallon to find some food cos all the little village places were shut!), I had a leisurely lunch with a good book & then just zapped home ....

This is the best I could with your route directions:

Now that looks a lot more interesting! And a good effort too.

But at around 142km, Nev does that before the sun rises. Others before morning tea. Me, by lunch time.

MooN

Tour Pro
well to be fair it was just an off the cuff run around cos I had nothing better to do. :p

I also have a knackerd out old bike... an'... an'... a dodgy back... an' an'... arthritis... an'...an'...:doh:

ok, 'fair cop, I'm just a big girls blouse and after an hour or so, me arse hurts...! :oops:

:lol:

I shall try & do better next time :bow:

Top Bottom