Slacker's Ride - Yarra/Warburton Valley.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Woo-hoo! Finally a RR that is fresh!

I would have very much liked to join the Gippy Ride but this had been on the club calander for weeks.

Basic idea was an easy ride through our backyard. Late start. Small distance. Lot's of time for chatting and eating. Just the thing for a slack lazy day :D

From Lilydale, we jumped on and off and off and on the Warburton Hwy eventually finding ourselves at the summit of Mt Donna Buang.

We climbed to the top of the look-out.

The clouds were threatening.

You made me climb up here for this….?

Down the hill and we stopped to play tourist.

Colin thought the car drivers were rude at tooting at him, until it was pointed out he’d parked his bike in the middle of the road. Ooops!

Hanging out in the tree-tops.

Sudz and Rob led a detour to Bongialong House in Warburton.

Wizard.

NigelB ready for his next race in Tron.

A few minutes along the Old Warby Rd we encountered freaky two dudes wearing orange robes, sandals and bucket hats. No pics. If they were monks, I didn’t want to be disrespectful.

We abandoned the plans for the picnic and headed to an old favourite for sit-down lunch.

I know it was a little wanky but I just couldn’t go past a chai latte when it was advertised as a “Tiger” chai.

Boo!

There was a degree of confusion after lunch and I lost everyone other than Sudz.

Most headed for home and the last of us regrouped at the Soda Tree in Montrose.

Trip distance: 229 km

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I would have very much liked to join the Gippy Ride....

P1000328-L.jpg

With smiles like that, ANY ride is a great ride.
Mate....I don't know where to look first.

You've posted that much stuff in such a short time.... I can't even keep track of which ride went where :clap: :clap:

Let's just say a BIG THANKS for all the posts and brilliant pics.
Oh yeah, the pics....LOVE 'EM.:glu

Some nice shots, unusual angles and good quality work!!
It's a joy gawking at them over and over.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's on the hill up above the old rail trail between the information centre and the fire station (on the right as you come from Melbourne).

Canary

Long Timer
The bloke is a well known local and also made the umpires seat at the Warburton tennis club. Even his car has paintings all over it we saw it at the pub on one of our bike hikes.

I think his name according to the locals is Boinga Bob.

The amount of work gone into that house is amazing.

Top Bottom