Running amuck in Roger's backyard.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Man, them adventure tourers is frekkin AEWSOME!!!

The traffic grind through the valley to the Black Spur suggested I was not the only one trying for an early start to the long weekend.

Not such a bad place for coffee and travel cookies.

Once back on the bitumen, I chased imaginary sports bikes on the ride into Bonnie Doon.

A slight diversion. A few weeks ag on my last trip, I stopped in Tolmie to check this out. The wife of the artist (a splendidly kookee woman from Shit Island Denmark) popped out for a chat. What a scream!

Famous Rog was waiting with a coffee at our luxury digs for the night when I arrived in Whitfield.

We found some beer at the Whitfield pub and feasted on wagu bangers n garlic herb mash.

Not such a bad view to start a Saturday.

My special order Canadian breakfast at the Whitty Café.

Ready to roll…

Whilst Graham made the commute from Melbourne, Famous Rog and I took a ride out to Lake Cobbler.

The climb up was a little rocky and we had to cross some water.

Pretty lake.

Graham was waiting when we arrived back in Whitfield.

I had a movie star moment heading towards Lake Buffalo. Powering out of a corner, both wheels gracefully sliding at 100km/h on the loose gravel…. Bliss.

Tiger Triplets.

The road followed the river.

Through a valley.

Now you may remember from previous trips we do seem to lack a degree of planning, maps, petrol… guys, does this look like a main road to you…?

What about now…?

The road was blocked by a fallen tree. We divided up our remaining supplies and made up a new plan.

Back at the vineyard where Famous Rog lives, Graham conducted a fly fishing master class for Famous Rog. I concentrated on the King Island triple cream brie and German beer.

Sunday morning. I got to have a wander around, whilst Famous Rog cooked up a mountain of bacon and eggs.

Tawonga Gap was closed to permit another mass migration of the Lycrians so we took the Happy Valley Rd to Tawonga.

Mount Bogong.

Another valley.

Coffee at Mitta Mitta.

Omeo Highway.

Looking for fish.

I had a clean run from the Blue Duck to Omeo.

Extra marks for presentation but it still failed to live up to the claim as the best burger in Oz.

We ran into a buddy who was working as a motorcycle marshal for the Lycrians. Looks like our Tiger squadron has another member.

After lunch Famous Rog led the way towards Dargo.

I think this is the way…

Perhaps…

Now what was saying about crossing flooded streams…

Graham just had to make the biggest splash.

We rode into the clouds on the Dargo High Plains Rd.

Of course, just after the guys stopped to put on warmer clothes we rode out of the clouds and back into the sunshine.

We found a little mud.

As happy as a Famous Rog in mud.

Graham looking like he knows what he is doing.

Hmmm, sticky!

I had an all time most enjoyable rides down Mt Hotham.

A lazy start for a Monday before we refuelled at Myrtleford and took to the back roads to avoid the traffic.

The argument continues. Black is the best colour! I’ll frekkin thump you, white is the best…Graham with the red Tiger just stood behind the camera and giggled.

A ride through the forest to Cheshunt.

We were snubbed for a second time by the elderly BMW GS riders we had first met at Myrtleford. All that we could think of was that they were embarrassed and knew that they should have bought Tigers…

Famous Rog headed back to the vineyard.

Graham and I did our best to avoid the traffic.

Cruisng along a particularly skatey gravel section at 100km/h, I was curious what would happen if I violently grabbed a handful of brakes and deliberately locked the front wheel...

...turns out, very little. The gentle tut-tut-tut as the ABS kicked in and the bike shed speed like it was on bitumen. Did I mention that these Tigers are AWESOME!!!??

Trip distance: 1,301 km.

Last edited:

GrahamD

Strom Newbie
:clap:

Looks like fun Gents..

So where are the Stroms?

This was Stromtouring.com at some point wasn't it?

:bt

Do I detect variety starting to creep in here?

Canary

Long Timer
Looks like you boys had fun. Thanks for the ride report. :so

:clap:

Looks like fun Gents..

So where are the Stroms?

This was Stromtouring.com at some point wasn't it?

:bt

Do I detect variety starting to creep in here?

Don't get too excited.
no.gif

Didn't you read Penguineers and Christo's ride report with their 2 Stroms?
yes.gif

It doesn't help when a few of our Strom brothers bail out and buy Yammy's.
lol.gif

You need to change your bike profile SH7i'sT (Gee I haven't written that for a long time)
grin.gif

S

Storm Shadow

Is the Tiger the new Strom or new GS?, Looks like you had some fun

Top Bottom