FunnyBunny_Easter'14

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
How many k´s run Andrews bike with one fill?
A big ride!
Splendid autumn colors...
Lucky faces.
Impressive..... very Impressive Pics and Report.
Thank You for:gday:

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Easter14_041.JPG

Mt. Buffalo on the left....the track up the slopes of the opposite side of the valley is the Goldie Spur.

Easter14_042.JPG

The look back...half an hour ago we stood on the ridge over there, then followed those tracks.

Easter14_047.JPG

:glu:glu:glu

Some great high country riding there, looks like a fun weekend!

Squizzy

Long Timer
The most welcome surprise of the whole weekend waited at the Dandongadale end of the Rose River Road, just at the start of the asphalt of the Lake Buffalo Rd. (officially: Buffalo River Rd.)
Straight across the main road a set of bare-earth wheel tracks run across a bare paddock towards a small, new, concrete bridge across the Buffalo River.
On the Hema 4WD map the next 5k's look like a straight-ish track across some river-flats or valley floor, heading for the very foot of Mt. Buffalo.

SURPRISE!! :wot::wot:

The track turns into a powerline service track and traverses a ~3-400m high ridge. It's fairly steep up and down with hardly a gentler/ flatter stretch in between...and it's in superb nick at the moment!

Hi Pete
I did see that little track and new bridge

P1010761-M.jpg

but was not in exploring mode, having a good day at that stage and did not want to stuff it up by falling off or getting lost!:rolleyes:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hi Pete
I did see that little track and new bridge

P1010761-M.jpg

but was not in exploring mode, having a good day at that stage and did not want to stuff it up by falling off or getting lost!:rolleyes:

Knew about the concrete bridge and some creek-crossing later on from Derek...but he hadn't told me about the pot-'o-gold in between :bs

Might be good to have another nibble soon-ish....and run that gravel road along the eastern side of Lake Buffalo to make the loop.
2-day weekend should be enough.

KingStrom

Long Timer
looks like a great time was had by all folks, dirty I didn't ned up joining you but work went pear shaped thursday and 10.30pm finish and worked sunday arvo as well and bosses ears still ringing from the serve he copped for stuffing up my weekend but I still managed to join Pete (Vtwin) at the Broadford Bike festival to watch the old bikes running around which was a good day out anyway, excellent reports and pics guys.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
How many k´s run Andrews bike with one fill?
A big ride!
Splendid autumn colors...

Hi Hans

That WR has an aftermarket tank (14 or 15 litres)....he said 300km are no problem at all. Ohhh...here's the website
http://www.safaritanks.com.au/home/...-WR250R-14-litre-tank/garden_flypage.tpl.html

The first day was a bit of a longer one (~450+km), the Saturday was less than 200km, last day nearly 400 or so. Not really big days, but enough if one wants to enjoy some other things apart from the riding.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Might be good to have another nibble soon-ish....and run that gravel road along the eastern side of Lake Buffalo to make the loop.
2-day weekend should be enough.

I know a fantastic guest house in Myrtleford - excellent host who usually cooks up a feast, keeps the vino/larger flowing and the nightly tariff is hard to beat....

Top Bottom