Woods Point loop

dougman1

Part of the furniture
A road for another day when I have company to help me get back out of there I reckon.

I would have joined you Nev, but some have employer obligations, thus preventing us from gallivanting mid week. :bt

Nice ride report by the way! :clap:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
I headed down Plantation Rd in Narby, but that was signposted no public access too after the Manby Rd intersection.

Strange. Haven't been down there for a while but it used to always be open and you could cut through to Silvia Creek Road via Yellowdindi. I would take it as an alternative to the slow driver and police infested Black Spur.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Strange. Haven't been down there for a while but it used to always be open and you could cut through to Silvia Creek Road via Yellowdindi. I would take it as an alternative to the slow driver and police infested Black Spur.

Could be just another of those new signs with the "no-through" tag on them for the sake of trying to keep the public out while there's nothing wrong with it as a thoroughfare.
Plenty of those around the shires of Knox/Murrundindi/Yrra Ranges etc etc.
The signs also seem to come in all sorts of flavours....from "no through" to "no access" to "residents only" and so on.

Looks like a neat loop there...:so

nev

Super Térrarist
Could be just another of those new signs with the "no-through" tag on them for the sake of trying to keep the public out while there's nothing wrong with it as a thoroughfare.
Plenty of those around the shires of Knox/Murrundindi/Yrra Ranges etc etc.
The signs also seem to come in all sorts of flavours....from "no through" to "no access" to "residents only" and so on.

Looks like a neat loop there...:so

Nah these were erected by the plantation lessees not the local shire I'd say, and they're not wishy washy. "no public access in the forest plantation".

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Nah these were erected by the plantation lessees not the local shire I'd say, and they're not wishy washy. "no public access in the forest plantation".

That's exactly it.
No public access to the plantation (as in the trees/woods etc)....but the roads through are fine!
If there are white posts, it's a public road and they can shove their signs.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
They occasionally close roads up there while they are logging. They 'closed' the top part of Murrindindi road for a month or two while they were logging and they erected gates, but they were always open.

I only nearly got cleaned up my rampaging timber trucks twice, ironically outside of the 'closed' zone.

Last edited:

Squizzy

Long Timer
That's exactly it.
No public access to the plantation (as in the trees/woods etc)....but the roads through are fine!
If there are white posts, it's a public road and they can shove their signs.

You are right Pete, the roads are fine. Went through there a few weeks ago from Narby to the fire tower at Toolangi, no problems. The only time I had a problem a while ago was when they had some orange webbing across the road in the forest somewhere. It fell down and I went over it then put it back up thinking there would be no one there on a Sunday. Came around a corner and I think every bulldozer and logging truck in the area was there! Waved good bye and went back the way I came to find another logging truck at the barrier I had put back up. Gave him a wave and continued. It always helps to cover your number plate with mud before you go in this area as well. Going for a ride there Xmas day (weather permitting) so will report if any changes. Merry xmas everyone:D

Top Bottom